• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is an excellent point. I bet they do have a daily proof of life.

In general, I think Alan's way of surviving is much more sustainable than Sam's. Like someone previously mentioned, Sam hasn't even tried to fish or set up something like Alan and Lucas had. Did Alan give up on his water bottle fish traps and the large basket he made? Wasn't a single mention of it last episode and I figured those would keep bringing in food.

I believe in one of the extra episodes of "behind the scenes" stuff Alan commented on how those bottles provided a small but consistent source of food from the point he created them on. These be Alan's version of mice.

Doug

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Dang that weather is starting to turn to the worse!!!! I think Alan has the edge with his shelter location and separate cooking area, but you never know....looking forward to the ending.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    As I understand it this week is the season finale, so we'll see who outlasts who.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I'll try to put up a poll.

I saw the same thing (the next episode is the finale) so we should all know soon.

I honestly don't have a clue who is going to make it. Sam has to be starving... but he's crazy, young, and full of motivation and drive. Allan seems to really have it together, is eating good, and has good shelter but I sense a little bit of "I've proven what I needed to, I don't have to be doing this" in his attitude.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I honestly don't understand how Sam is still hanging on. A mouse a day won't keep starvation at bay! It seems he has done so little beyond the bare minimum. Alan has put out some effort at least although as so someone mentioned, his shelter is pretty lame. I like Alan but was really pulling for the guy with the boat and yurt. He seemed to have created livable conditions with a degree of comfort.
    I read the TV preview for this episode and it talks about the storm of the year hitting them. With Sam's shelter out in the open, I think I have to give it to Alan.
    Someone mentioned Alan eating the kelp in the last episode. I thought he looked like a wild animal eating before something else got the food.

Matt

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    For those that watch this on-air, don't spoil it for us folks in the dark ages without cable... I'll have to wait a few days until it goes live online...

Ah, what am I saying, this is INGO, there will be play-by-play commentary here in this thread... reminds self to not check in until after he's seen the finale...

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To be honest I also believe Alan has done a better job of gathering food but my hopes are still on Sam. If Alan wins I will IN NO WAY be disappointed! He seems like a great guy and I wish him all the best in the world.

However, Alan also seems to have a stronger financial foundation from some of the background video and I think the money would help Sam and his new family much more. It would practically guarantee his two (2) kids any college or education they wanted.

All the best to both and may the most stubborn man win!

Regards,

Doug

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    He was the most fun to watch imo. He hit a mental funk and justify to himself that he was done. He had the skills to win if he dug deep enough.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Almost two (2) months! A very long time to be alone.

I agree with all of the comments on Alan's superior food skills. I believe that was the main factor in determining his endurance. I cannot fathom why Sam did not try for fish in some capacity. If he wasn't going for fish why on earth build your shelter fully exposed on the beach? I don't get that.

We'll see if there is a season #2.

Doug

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Looks like they had to film the after show by themselves too. That left a lot to be desired. Anti climax to an epic show. On well. I wonder how Sam and his family are doing.

Top Bottom