• ...and so much more!
  • Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Besides me.
    I just turned 61 and for the past couple of years I have been glued to the TV [except while hunting] watching the TV shows listed below.
    Most of these aired between 1955-1962. I was between 5 years old and 14 years old or so.
    All in black and white.
    Lets take a walk down memory lane.:draw::draw::draw:
    My current favorites that are now syndicated on the channels that I get are:

1. Have Gun Will Travel. Paladin, what a man. The series started in 1957 and ran through 1963. You could imagine how COOL it was when Paladin pulled out his business card. Then the music. Its one of my favorites now.I was really impressed as a7 year old, heck I'm still impressed as a 61 year old!
    2. Gunsmoke , ran from 55-75, longest running TV western series. I try to watch it every night, comes on right after HGWT.:yesway:
    3. Lawman, staring Big Bad John Russell and Peter Brown as Johnny McKay. Currently syndicated.:rockwoot::draw:
    3. The Rifleman. 58'-63'. Who could ever forget Chuck Conners and his rifle?[Lucas McCain] Currently syndicated;) BAMF to say the least. Currently syndicated.
    4. Maverick, 57'-62', had to love Brett anf Bart. He always carried a $1000.00 bill on him. Of course it was all about gambling and women. Currently syndicated.:yesway:
    5. Cheyenne [Bodie] 55'63'. Currently syndicated.
    6. Wagon Train 57'-65'. Currently syndicated.
    7. Daniel Boone. Currently syndicated.:):
    8. Bat Masterson. 58'-61' Currently syndicated.
    Other shows that I would like to see syndicated are;
    1.Broken Arrow. 56'-58'.
    2. Branded.
    3. Rawhide. Head 'em up...move 'em out RAWHIDE:rockwoot:
    I got one more for you that I was literally loved. SEA HUNT. 58'-61'.
    I wanted to be just like Mike...a Navy Frogmam. How Cool is that for a 8-11 year old child?:draw:It rocked.:rockwoot:
    The cool thing was that all the bad guys that got killed.
    I also never noticed that the jails didn't have any "facilities".lol
    I was glued to the set as a kid watching these shows and now I'm back at it again. Life is good.:yesway: :patriot:

So how many INGO members are watching the same stuff?

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    "Sea Hunt" was my FAVORITE show when I was a kid.

The first season is on HULU hulu.com
    I've already watched it and am hungry for more...

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I wish I had the encore western channel. I love my westerns. growing up I always watched them with my dad. Rawhide is the one I will always associate with time with my father. Daniel Boone is great I also loved the disney speacials were fess parker was davey crockett.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Me and the boys have some DVDs of the Lone Ranger. Interesting to see the first one how he gets his name, horse, etc.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    You left out Bronco Lane and Sugarfoot with the Maverick and Cheyenne bunch. Did you like Wagon Train better with Ward Bond or John McIntire? What about Bonanza, the Virgininan, High Chapparal and Cimmarron City?

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I just watched Billy the kid meets Dracula today! I'd watch it again just to see the Kid thrown the gun and smack Dracula in pie hole again!

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I spend my "TV" time on Netflix and my currant favorite show is Paladin:rockwoot:....all the old westerns are good by today's standards but you gotta be old to love them:)

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    You left out Bronco Lane and Sugarfoot with the Maverick and Cheyenne bunch. Did you like Wagon Train better with Ward Bond or John McIntire? What about Bonanza, the Virgininan, High Chapparal and Cimmarron City?

Yeah, there is a bunch I left out. Heck, that was my longest thread since I've been here.
    I'm watching Ward Bond now on Encore Westerns. I would have to see John McIntire just to see if I would remember him.
    Those other westerns you mentioned were good, just not as good as the old B&W. I don't even like the old western movies that have been colorized. [is that a new word I just made up?] :dunno:
    + I was a lot more impressionable when I was 5-12 years old, once I hit the teens "I knew everything". :D
    Try googeling "Old TV Western Series", a lot of info.

Top Bottom