• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    So, we are mortgage shopping, and before I go and apply at ten different places, I want to hear from fellow Indiana residents, who is your mortgage through?

I don't need, nor do I want details, as they will vary from person to person, but I would like to hear who you used, and why.

I applied yesterday to find out I have a false derogatory mark on my credit score for a missed payment back in Sept. 2013, which I have straightened out, now we just have to wait for that to hit the ol' credit score.

I am also fighting Jareds Galleria of Jewelry for illegally accessing my credit history, which resulted in me having a new inquiry on my credit report, which also hurt my score.

So since I am just waiting to watch my score rise, I figured I would go back and do some more reading, and more research on the subject.

Please guys, don't feel obligated to share, and mods if this is too private of a matter to discuss openly, please delete this thread. I don't want to ruffle any feathers, just get a little insight.

Emily and I both have decent credit, and only one car loan, so our debt to income is very low, and once I get this derogatory remark wiped off my score, it should jump about 30-35 points.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Ours has been sold 3 times in the last year to different companys, it is through Wells Fargo as of now.

Isn't it your mortgage brokers job to find you the best deal and handle everything?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I haven't spoke to a mortgage broker. I don't mind doing my own homework, and figuring out things like this on my own. I read, and read, and read, and decided a MB isn't the route I want to use right now.

Granted, if I can't go at this on my own, with the help of family and friends, I will seek out the expertise needed, but I would like to give it a swing first.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I rent. ;)

When we build in a couple years, I our mortgage will probably be through a small town bank my parents have used for 30 years.

Our house in TN was Regions. I'm indifferent on them. Good online tools. We used them because we banked there an could pay the mortgage very easily.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Citimortgage (Citibank). Frankly, they were the cheapest for both the rate and the closing costs when I looked. I can't complain. My only interaction with them is online, and their web portal is pretty easy to navigate.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    When I bought my house (first timer) I went through a mortgage broker recommended by my realtor for first timers like me. They did all the shopping around and got me the best rate, once the house paperwork was done it was sold like 3 times in the first 6 months, and finally landed with Wells Fargo. I was with them for a couple years or so and I just recently refinanced with my bank (5/3) and got a better rate through them, so now I'm with 5/3.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The local banks and credit unions are good. Teachers & Heritage CU are strong and won't likely sell the loan. If you go through a mort. broker, I have worked with Oxford Mtge on Vogel a couple times and was pleased. First Federal, German American and First Financial keep a lot of their loans too.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Mine is paid off but when I had it, it was sold 2x before wells fargo got it. If I were you I'd take snorko advice. Stay with a local bank like Heritage or First Federal that won't sale your loan, also if you have a problem you have some face to face time to talk to someone and not just a 800 number.

Good luck.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Believe we originally went through StoneGate.

It was sold/bought two or three times - Then we refinanced through another company.

It was sold/bought a few times.

Wells Fargo now has it.

-J-

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    HSBC.......so far no complaints......'cept fer they 'late fee(s)'......:rolleyes:.......gawda*n......:):......if I could throw on outrageous bullshizz charges like'at?...fer everbody 'at ain't Johnny Quik on pay'n me?..I could make helluva fortune ......:):

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    HSBC.......so far no complaints......'cept fer they 'late fee(s)'......:rolleyes:.......gawda*n......:):......if I could throw on outrageous bullshizz charges like'at?...fer everbody 'at ain't Johnny Quik on pay'n me?..I could make helluva fortune ......:):

+1 rep for the first person to translate this to English...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Always pay cash. :laugh:

I'll take it!

You don't understand that? :laugh: If I read it to myself in a kind of gruff voice, I kinda understand it. Still don't know why he types like that. Voice command? Or maybe he just likes the attention?

I'm pretty sure I understand it, but was hoping for some confirmation. I'm guessing he likes the attention :dunno:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Been there, done that. I will absolutely never again have a mortgage through a big bank, online, bank or anything of the sort. It is WELL WORTH the extra .1-.25% interest to have my mortgage through my credit union. I will also NEVER hold any financials with Citibank every again. Sorry, but they suck....

My mortgage, along will all my other banking is through Crane Credit Union...

Top Bottom