• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Its a versatile round if you reload.

Deltas, S&W 10 series, Springfield Omegas, Glocks, maybe even the elusive Bren Ten may be in your future. Don't forget the revolvers - S&W 610 or Ruger buckeye.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    EAA Witness hunter is attractive, and reasonable priced (as 10mm go). I've seen a few around the net and GM castleton has one for around 900 clams.

Deffintely would have to reload for it though.

06orange1300c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I have always feared the 10mm for the whole dying cartridge thing. It just never grabbed hold. A lot like the .357sig (that I went and fell in love with). I am not sure it will ever really take hold and I may end up having a gun I can't get ammo for. I have fired a 10 Glock and really liked it but I just can't commit to a round I know has seen it's prime and is hard to find now.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I thought the cartridge itself was really interesting, and liked it's versatility. Unfortunately, I've only owned one 10mm gun, a S&W 1076, and it was a massive pile of crap :( Which was a shame, because I really liked the gun to, on the rare occasions it actually fed a round so I could shoot it.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I do

100_0119.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I love the 10mm.

I have a Glock 20, so you know it's been utterly reliable. :D

The 10mm is an extremely flexible round. It can be mild or HOT! :eek:

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    bought a delta back when they first came out and have had a 10mm ever since. current one is an auto ordinance 1911. very reliable and powerful. bought 500 pieces of brass years ago so if they ever stop making factory ammo who cares as i will always be able to make my own.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    10mm is nice just can't figure out why it was no more popular than it is... i guess .40 killed it.

Yeah, as a defensive round full power 10mm is just to much gun for most folks. The .40 is effectively the same round as the mid-power 10s in a more efficient package.

What I really liked about the 10 is the same thing I like about .357s. The ability to carry a lower power more controllable defensive round for EDC, with the option to carry full power ammo (close to .41 magnum power) for critters or other times it's needed. It's a level of versatility not found in any other carry sized handgun/cartridge semi-auto package I can think of.

Funny thing is, if I had the coin, I'd buy another 1076 and hope it worked better than the one I had. I really liked the size of that gun, the decocker and the way it felt in my hand. It was very accurate, and would make a fantastic carry gun, assuming it had better reliability than mine had. They can't ALL have been such pieces of crap, right?

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The 10mm is an excellent round for SD and hunting up to medium game(where legal) and I have taken several deer with both my G20 and my Springfield Omega. Not happy with mainstream factory ammo though, most is loaded only to .40 short&weak levels. I handload or use DoubleTap ammo. A much under appreciated round.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yeah, as a defensive round full power 10mm is just to much gun for most folks. The .40 is effectively the same round as the mid-power 10s in a more efficient package.

What I really liked about the 10 is the same thing I like about .357s. The ability to carry a lower power more controllable defensive round for EDC, with the option to carry full power ammo (close to .41 magnum power) for critters or other times it's needed. It's a level of versatility not found in any other carry sized handgun/cartridge semi-auto package I can think of.

Funny thing is, if I had the coin, I'd buy another 1076 and hope it worked better than the one I had. I really liked the size of that gun, the decocker and the way it felt in my hand. It was very accurate, and would make a fantastic carry gun, assuming it had better reliability than mine had. They can't ALL have been such pieces of crap, right?

You could always pick up a Glock 20... :D;)

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    count me in

I love the 10mm for a pistol round. It is uncompromising in its ballistic performance and for me the recoil is not an issue. I have an EAA Witness match and the DA/SA Steel framed Witness in 10 mm. I reload my ammo so I can afford to shoot and get the performance that I want. It is sufficiently powerful to hunt deer and ranges typical in the forests of the eastern U. S., but it is not legal here in Indiana.

Terry

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have always feared the 10mm for the whole dying cartridge thing. It just never grabbed hold. A lot like the .357sig (that I went and fell in love with). I am not sure it will ever really take hold and I may end up having a gun I can't get ammo for. I have fired a 10 Glock and really liked it but I just can't commit to a round I know has seen it's prime and is hard to find now.

More commitment issues for me on the 10 mm.
    Ammo access is my hang up on several different items.
    .40 killed it.
    I'm guessing also similar ballistics with a shorter round makes for a shorter front to back on the grip, small hands get a hand up.

Top Bottom