• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • imjammin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'd like to keep one caliber (9mm) and I'd also like to get a 1911. Does anyone know which ones I should consider and which ones not to? So far I likethe Kimber and STI, but I've never shot either. Thanks

smith52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Kosciusko County
    STI Trojan is my choice, I have shot the Springfield Load as well. Both shot nice, the Trojan is accurate as can be. Never got the Springfield to group as tight as the Trojan. On the less expensive side, my Dad recently purchased a Rock Island 1911 in 9mm and it shoots well. It's a fairly heavy 1911.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    A good 1911 in 9mm.

I've been shooting a Kimber Gold Match for a couple of years and have been real happy with it. It's accurate and feeds flat point 124 gr. Berry's bullets without problems.

I had a Springfield 9mm loaded but gave up on it because of poor accuracy.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I have a Para LTC in 9; it's okay with ball, but JHP rounds with shorter OALs tend to nosedive into the feedramp. It especially hates the bullets CorBon uses in their 115gr loads. (Sierra, IIRC.)

If I had to go out today and buy a 9mm 1911, I'd probably go with STI. Of the various factory 9x19 guns, they seem to have the least chance of being wretched pulsating balls of suck and fail.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I started to set up an STI Spartan 9mm for competition, it is a great option for the price. Very little recoil and has a lot of great features for the price, I recently had to have surgery on my right wrist so may be force to sell it pm me if interested.

I did added
    Ed Brown recoil plug
    Wilson combat GI guide rod
    S&A magwell
    4 Metalform mags with bumpers
    And its in mint condition

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=T5Usrp8T_5A&v=T5Usrp8T_5A&gl=US

Last edited:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I bought the LTC 'cause it was special. :)

Seriously, mine runs fine with FMJ and most JHPs, but I don't know if I could tote it.

Mine had a break-in period that was PAINFUL. FTE, FTF, light primer strikes, you name it. Once I hit 500 rounds it was great for the next 2,000 rounds. Then it would run great one time at the range and not at all the next. I tried different ammo, different mags, changed the recoil spring, etc. I had to pull the extractor and clean it every 300 rounds. Finally I had enough. I haven't had any issues with the Aegis so far, through 2,500 rounds.

imjammin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for all the great replies! Does anyone carry their 9mm 1911? I'd like to have that option. So far the STIs are looking very good. I am surprised the Springfields have gotten mixed reviews.

imjammin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would LOVE to try out a Wilson, but they are a bit out of my price range. I'd like to keep the cost under $1300, or would I be better off saving longer and getting a Wilson?

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    Wasn't just a few weeks ago that I had the same question on my mind. I have a couple 9 MM (Walther & Springfield) handguns but was looking for a full size 1911. And, I stumbled onto an almost like new Browning Hi Power 9 MM with satin nickel finish. I've been shooting a few times since I got it and I'm not at all disappointed. Its a really nice shooter. It's a real find for less than 700 bucks.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I carry my 9MM 1911's all the time. Springfield EMP and a Dan Wesson Guardian
    picture.php

picture.php

Can you tell which one I like the Best? The Dan Wesson is the smoothest shooting 1911 I have ever shot. The fit and finish is excellent, and the commander with the bob tail is perfect for carrying. I would recommend it to anyone.

Top Bottom