Who makes a good close-riding holster for a 1911 with a light?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    The post title pretty much describes my question. I am looking for a close-riding leather or kydex holster that will hold a 1911 with a SureFire X300 and I need it within about two weeks. It seems like we must need more holster manufacturers since most of them say that orders will take six weeks up to 14 weeks. I'm not nearly patient enough to wait 3 1/2 months for any holster. I appreciate any good suggestions. Thanks

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One word for you, RAVEN!

For some reason most manufacturers think that when you strap on a light you're going to war, or kicking a door and build accordingly. The Ravens ride tight and are a quality product.

As far as the wait, you can get uncle mikes all day long, there's a reason for that. You want a quality product made specifically for your needs, it takes time.

Catch up with them at the 1500 if you don't want to wait.

Tinman....

PS. Before you all jump on that horse, no I don't work for Raven, they just make good gear.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Mills tactical. He made a nice 1911 holster for me. Kind of like a crossbreed but he will make it any way you like.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I already have a CrossBreed inside-the-pants holster and I like it a lot but I'm looking for a good close-riding belt holster. I think I'm going to go with Grunt Soldier, one of the members on here.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I have heard nothing but good about Raven but I am too impatient to wait the 16-18 weeks listed on their web site.

You could go the Indy 1500 right when they open and have one made at the show... might have to get there friday

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=3644&GunID=482

If you really can't wait, Galco has a LC 1911 holster in stock. I have had good luck with Galco holsters in the past. Sometimes LA Police Gear or other usual suspects will have a slightly lower price than ordering direct from Galco.

I have that Galco holster and wear it often but I'm just not crazy about it. I don't like the straight up and down carry and since it has only one wide belt loop, it always seems to be hard to get it in the right spot on my belt due to the location of the belt loops on my jeans. I do appreciate the suggestion though.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have a drawer full of holsters which are all jealous of my Raven Concealment holster. It's the only holster of mine that sees the light of day anymore.

Top Bottom