Who makes the absolute, bar none, best anti-fog shooting glasses available??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Was shooting last night at FNS (which I had to unfortunately leave early) and it was pretty hot. I've always had trouble with lenses fogging up on me, whether it is scuba diving, skiing, climbing, shooting, whatever - but I literally could not see out of my eye-pro last night without distortion from either fogging or sweat droplets being in my vision. I've used "anti-fog" sprays before without a great deal of success (although I didn't have or use any last night), and all the safety glasses I've used for shooting fog up on me pretty quickly, in pretty much any kind of weather. Yesterday was pretty bad, but I can't remember the last time I was shooting outdoors and DIDN'T haven't glasses fog up.

SO...Who makes a ANSI rated set of shooting glasses that DO NOT FOG? I swear I'm almost ready to try the perforated steel visors if I have to!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'll try the baby shampoo, and I've heard good things about uncut Dawn dish detergent, too. I'll try anything. I would really like to find a pair of glasses that fit me well enough to maintain good airflow, but I haven't found them yet.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I dont have any glasses specifically for shooting, but I wear safety glasses every day, all day at work, and the best I have found for not fogging up (I could fog a pair of sunglasses up in a desert) are the ones you find at Rural King in the welding section. Forney is the name on the package, and they come in amber, clear, and tinted. Unless I am working outside on an extra humid day with no air movement, and exerting myself more than usual, they tend to stay fog free. As an added bonus, they tend to keep free of scratches for a long time, as long as you take reasonable care of them.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I noticed that if I simply move the glasses 1/4 to 1/2 inch away from my brow it does the trick, lets the air circulate a bit more. A little spit and wipe does wonders too, and it's free.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Moving the glasses off my face has been the only solution thus far, but i have to perch them so far out on my nose that it almost obviates the purpose. I tried the Rain-X; no joy. I will try the other suggestions. I'm also going to try a poor man's version of the Smith solution and try to drill some ventilation holes outside my field of vision on some cheap safety glasses and see how that might work. Glad to hear I'm not the only person that can fog up a set of glasses just by putting them on.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The best way I have found is to mix 1/3 baby shampoo to 2/3 water in a small spray bottle. No fog at all, try it.

+1

In my youth I used to use that for my paintball goggles. Worked wonders in conditions that normally would have left me blind or feeling my way out of the arena to clean them.

Top Bottom