• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Like the title says, why do folks own a .380 caliber weapon? Is it the size of the pistols, an advantage to the cartridge, or what? :popcorn:
    I carry a KelTec 3AT a lot because there is almost no time that I can't carry it. It drops in my pocket and is unnoticeable. The cartridge is considered "marginal" by most experts. However, like the old saying goes; "The best gun to have is the one that you're carrying when you need it". IMHO, Having a gun and being able to be accurate with it is far more important than what you carry.:dunno:

That being said.... When I can carry a larger gun, I do. :rockwoot: :patriot:
    :cheers:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    My wife carries a KelTec 3AT in her purse . She is a very good shot with it ( better than I am ). She doesnt like to carry a larger hangun so I got her one . I figure its better than nothing :dunno:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    For me, it's a size & weight issue; even the small 9mms (Kahr PM9 and the like) won't fit comfortably and unobtrusively in my pocket the way my Colt Pony Pocketlite will. Most of the time, my .380 is a backup to a larger gun carried strong side IWB, but sometimes it's the only thing I can conceal.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I don't own a .380 .....
    I own 4
    2 LCP's one for myeslf and the wife ....easy to carry..

beretta 84 (former state police issue backup gun ) 3 13 round clips in a shoulder holster thats 39 rnds of pure lightwieght love for a BG ..

The other a sig 230 also easy to conceal ..

after all a .380 is nothing more than a 9mm short all the stopping power you need if the shot is placed in the right spot :patriot:

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I have a SIG 232. I really like the way it shoots. It has not just a size but also a shape that is very conducive to carry.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have yet to find a volunteer that will let me shoot them with it, so I guess that means something? P3AT is about perfect for summertime and shorts, the PF-9 is best for winter wear. The Sub 2000 is best for the coming zombies (You did know they are almost hear, right?) Just my .02

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have a Sig p232. I carry it infrequently. It is a well-made and nice looking gun. I like it's very flat profile that makes it conceal quite well. I also like de-cocker with the long, heavy trigger pull for the first DA shot. I carry it only when it is very important to me not to be detected carrying a gun. Otherwise, I have other preferred carry guns.

I don't like the ergonomics or the DA/SA transition.

Sure is purty though.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a LCP .380 ACP, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

harrycallahan.jpg

Last edited:

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    When the wife was looking for a carry gun, she wanted something small and felt good in her hands. She ended up getting a Bersa Firestorm and hasn't looked back. She has the pick of several, even some small 9's, but always chooses the Bersa.

Fire

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I bought a bersa because i needed something smaller to carry and i was on a budget. I also wanted something with less recoil then my 9mm for my fiance to shoot. She didnt really like the 9mm. So the bersa fit all of these things for me.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have a Kel Tec P3AT because it's small. I can carry it along with my CZ, or in the summer in tennis shorts when I can't carry anything else. I guess in the summer I could just throw a PLR - 16 in my tennis bag as well.

Top Bottom