• Got any twins in your collection?

• Total voters

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    Not identical but I have two Ruger .22 pistols. One older standard model that was my grandfather's and a newer Mark II 10" bull barrel. I'd like to get a Mark III to round out the collection.

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Do 5 Mosin Nagant M44's count if they are all from different countries? (Russian used by East Germany, Romanian, Hungarian, Polish, and Chinese)
    :patriot:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Many competitors have two identical rifles so that you always have one ready when the other is being rebarreled, or other work. Since one will always have a fresher or more accurate barrel the "B" rifle gets shot at local club matches or for practice. The "A" gun gets taken to Camp Perry or the State championships. At the end of the season, the "B" gun gets another HART barrel, and after break in becomes the "A" .

I was a little excessive and had 2 rifles for each class. Since I used H&S precision stocks and only Winchester actions, I would have 8 or ten rifles sharing 5 or 6 stocks. Hey, you got to economize somewhere.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Two Remington Model 51's ... I like to collect old pocket guns.

That weapon was WAAAAYYYYY ahead of its time. Congratulations on owning two of what I want just one of. Patton carried one in WW2 with Ivory grips and his stars on it. He ordered it from Remington but the gun had been discontinued so the Remington execs found a used one, refurbed it, and had the grips made up and presented to him. There really was not that many made. I love the clean lines.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I don't see myself buying more than one of a certain gun - well, *maybe* multiple AR's. My gun budget (if it actually existed) is just way too limited.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes. Two kinda different philosophies here though:

Who collects a type of gun and thus has multiple? Yes.

Who has exact duplicates for carry / backup reasons? Yes.

sprint395

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Two words Mosin Nagant. lol I think duplication is great. I like to have as many guns that I can swap parts as possible. Even having different guns with the same caliber is a good idea. I am soon to be converting to all ar-15 variants.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I am seriously thinking about buying a second Five-seveN, one with fixed sights (mine has adjustable).

Otherwise, no. Although I do have a SHTF scenario and I could see buying multiple identical rifles for that. For now same caliber does the trick (5.56 and 7.62 MBR).

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Thanks INGO for nudging me! When I opened this thread I had Zero twins. Just over a month later I now have Four. I knew which guns I liked and wanted to get repeats but was worried it was a dumb thing. :ingo:

Top Bottom