Who should play Mitch Rapp in the upcoming movie?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaveMan58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Just throwing this out there to see if there are any other Vince Flynn fans out there. If you know of the Flynn series of books then I'm curious as to who you think should play the character of Mitch Rapp. Last I heard, Gerard Butler and Colin Ferrell were in the front running. Not sure how I feel about either of those but I think Butler would be much better if he could lose the accent.

While we're at it, who should play the other prominent characters? I'll give my suggestions to get things going...

Irene Kennedy - Gwyneth Paltrow
    Thomas Stansfield - Ian McKellen
    Mike Nash - Guy Pearce
    Scott Coleman - Bruce Willis
    Anna Rapp - Connie Britton

So the call is out, who with me is a Mitch Rapp uber nerd and is willing to out themselves?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've read every single one of Vince Flynn's books TWICE...so I'm a huge fan of his work and the Mitch Rapp character. IMO, I think Gerard Butler would be an ideal Mitch Rapp. Unfortunately, in reading the updates on Flynn's website awhile ago, the movie appears to have stalled. :noway: I'm anxiously awaiting his next installment though...but in the meantime, I've been burning up my Nook reading the Stieg Larsson books. :yesway:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    draper.jpg

CaveMan58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Mitch Rapp- Mark Wahlberg as either him or Vin Diesel or Brad Pitt will prob get it.
    I would prefer a smaller quieter feller but you know Hollywood
    Irene Kennedy - Laura Linney (Dr.Karen Ross from Congo)
    Thomas Stansfield - Hugh Laurie (Gregory House from House) or James Cromwell
    Mike Nash - max martini (gearheart the unit)
    Scott Coleman - Jean Reno
    Anna Rapp - Carla Gugino

Great call on Max Martini, Hugh Laurie, and Lara Linney!
    The only problem I see with Jean Reno though as Coleman is his accent and european look cause he's great too. I always pictured Coleman as a dude that would rock a mullet if he could get away with it. But man I didn't even think about "Dirt Diver". Thats a nice one.

Top Bottom