• ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    which stores in the indy area stock powder and who has the best price

been a while since i loaded and the first time since moving to indy.

specifically looking for titegroup for a 9mm subsonic load

im open to other powder suggestions though

thanks

Last edited:

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I bought a couple of pounds of pistol powder for $18.74 a pound at Gander Mountain in Greenwood last week.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Another vote for Indiana Gun Club as having a good supply and very decent pricing. They have some limited hours though, so check their web site before heading up. They are in the Geist area.

I also know that Bradis II has some powders in stock. I bought my first powder and primers there. They are pretty far drive for me though so I don't make it down there often.

Gander has powder, but every time I've checked, it's crazy overpriced.

Plainfield Shooting Supplies might have. I've noticed some reloading stuff, but never have asked them about powder.

Watch for INGO group buys as well.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    ok thanks for the recomendations... seems i just missed my chance for the 1500

guess ill shop around and then keep my eyes open for the next ingo group by

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Just a FYI... The people that run Atterbury are the same owners of Indiana Gun Club. Atterbury has a boatload of powder in 1 lb and 8 lb. jugs. Primers are readily available and there is a range! You can go shoot and get your goodies too!:):

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    What are INGO group buys? There will be another 1500 soon.

BTW what happened to "A to Z" they used to be at the 1500 with the best selection and prices. Got out of shooting for a while and WOW how things have changed. Sinclairs are gone too.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've bought pistol powders @ the Outdoorsman as well. They have a pretty good selection of reloading equipment, powders, bulk bullets, etc. Everything is kind of jammed in to an aisle and a half plus a section behind the counter but they have a little bit of everything from equipment to consumables.

FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I drove into Indianapolis today and thought I'd stop at Indiana Gun Club after reading the reviews here. I wasn't impressed. The guys behind the counter were less than welcoming. When I asked for Varget, they said they were out and come back in 2 weeks or so ! In the future, I'll just go to Plainfield Shooting Supplies or the Outdoorsman. The prices may be higher but I've always felt welcome at either of these shops.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I drove into Indianapolis today and thought I'd stop at Indiana Gun Club after reading the reviews here. I wasn't impressed. The guys behind the counter were less than welcoming. When I asked for Varget, they said they were out and come back in 2 weeks or so ! In the future, I'll just go to Plainfield Shooting Supplies or the Outdoorsman. The prices may be higher but I've always felt welcome at either of these shops.

Actually Fred, Phil+the "Boys" are good people=kind of dry sense of humor, but they are good people. I have used them for some of my powder/primer suppliers for awhile.
    I do live close to The Gun Club, but I usually call and check their stock before I go out there. Their # is (317)485-6540..Give them another chance...Bill.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I agree with BillyBob. My experiences have always been positive at Indiana Gun Club. I live close by as well, so it's easy for me though. If I lived far, I'd call first to check stock before going in.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Eh. They can only sell what they can get their hands on. You went to one of the most popular places in town for powder and asked for the most popular powder in the country.

HGC is staffed by great folks. Give 'em another shot - and call ahead.

Top Bottom