• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Just as a reminder, there is nothing special about an "NFA" trust. Any valid trust is perfectly acceptable for NFA. Don't be caught up by the advertisements for "NFA Trusts." If you are concerned about how the disposition of the items works upon your passing, do your own research and right something up and keep it with the trust.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I think another big issue, at least for me anyway is that should a legal problem arise and I need legal backing regarding my trust, my lawyer will stand behind the trust he wrote. If somebody that wrote their own trust needs legal backing down the road, they are going to have to find a lawyer that will back their trust and probably end up paying more for the attorney fees. If they can get somebody to back up the trust that they wrote. You can always represent yourself but you know what they say. A man who represents himself in court has a fool for a client.

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    I just got mine from Grant this week, actually my second one because I need to modify the first one. He is very fast. I email him several, several times and it was done that day and at my house the next. I'm very happy with it. $325. The bill said one hour labor - 325.
    I had him and a second inventory page for non-nfa items, assault rifles and full capacity magazines. . The non-nfa section does not need to be included with the trust that goes to the ATF for nfa items. Hopefully I will not need to worry about it. But I did it just in case of upcoming laws. that way if they are not made illegal I will be able to pass them down and they won't get turned into the government when I die. Like I said pending whatever craze law the feds come up with.

thegunshow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valpo
    Just as a reminder, there is nothing special about an "NFA" trust. Any valid trust is perfectly acceptable for NFA. Don't be caught up by the advertisements for "NFA Trusts." If you are concerned about how the disposition of the items works upon your passing, do your own research and right something up and keep it with the trust.

While there may be truth to this, spending a few hundred bucks is cheap insurance, I really don't want to spend time in jail and/or pay fines

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Ok, I have a question as I am seriously looking at a trust as well. What happens if trusts are made illegal in the future or dissolved by the federal government? Do you lose what you have in it NFA wise or would you have to pay $200 per item to transfer them to yourself again?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    That would be unchartered territory. They would likely give some sort of amnesty period for you to transfer off of the trust. Thankfully, I dont think there is any talk of dissolving trusts (Im not sure they even could, since a trust is a legal entity that exists without any government approval) but rather making it more difficult to use on. In other words, if they started requiring fingerprint cards or something that wouldnt make your trust invalid and would have no effect on already approved items, but you would have to meet that criteria for all future transfers.

LS!&*DUBB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Sent a message to Grant. I'm setting up a will in conjection to a trust with minors involved. Waiting for a response.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    Grant just completed mine as well. After I had weighed all the options, being this is my first NFA purchase and I like the option of E-filing, I chose to spend the extra $$ for a Trust, and went with a lawyer for peace of mind. Grant is VERY easy to work with, and quick to complete the Trust once he has all the information. His price is comparable to what I hear others are paying for a lawyer drafted "NFA" Trust

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Anyone have experiance with Coyote Rifleworks they offer a 95 dollar trust NFA Weapons Trust
    Also interested in learning about this outfit. Since my thought is to get several co-shooters in on the same trust, the cost of the trust isn't so much of an issue, but in case I do go it alone, their price is appealing.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Anyone have experiance with Coyote Rifleworks they offer a 95 dollar trust NFA Weapons Trust

I don't know about these guys. I used Grant Liston. He has always answered all my NFA questions promptly. Having the support and knowledge of someone a email or PH call away is a good piece of mind for me.

hmaverick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2014
    Greenfield, IN
    NFA TRUST ATTORNEY

I am an East Side Indianapolis Attorney and I have been doing NFA/Firearms trusts for a bit now.

I charge $195 per trust and offer discounts for multiple trusts (you and a friend or family member).

I support my trusts for a lifetime and will help you decide if its best for you and how best to assemble your trust and members. I complete these for folks throughout every corner of the state and everything can be done via phone and email. Trust turnarounds within 72 hours most of the time.

Thanks!

Marc Halata
    Attorney At Law
    marc@halatalaw.com

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I am an East Side Indianapolis Attorney and I have been doing NFA/Firearms trusts for a bit now.

I charge $195 per trust and offer discounts for multiple trusts (you and a friend or family member).

I support my trusts for a lifetime and will help you decide if its best for you and how best to assemble your trust and members. I complete these for folks throughout every corner of the state and everything can be done via phone and email. Trust turnarounds within 72 hours most of the time.

Thanks!

Marc Halata
    Attorney At Law
    marc@halatalaw.com

:yesway:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

Thanks!

Marc Halata
    Attorney At Law
    marc@halatalaw.com

Thought I would bump this thread to recognize Marc. He did my trust and had it emailed to me over the weekend. Excellent price and easy process.

Top Bottom