• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Wondering who here is going to try in get there IL Conceal and Carry? Also how do you all think the first year is going to go in Chicago? More or less killings? With legal carry I could see self defense shootings going up. But im sure the media will just say it as gun violence.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    If IL permit requirements and costs were reasonable, and was more widely honored by other states, I would consider getting the IL permit. As I don't see this happening any time soon, the only way I would obtain lL is if I needed to be there on a regular basis.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I don't that I'll get one. Haven't been to Chicago in at least 3 years. About the only reason I went was (when my son was young) to take in the different places-the Shedd, Field Museam and Science and Industry.
    Oh, and went to one Sci Fi convention :)

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'd like to be "allowed" to carry in IL when I go to see a game at the Madhouse, but the fees are incredibly high and I'd rather just get my Utah Carry Permit and go see the hawks in Columbus for half the ticket price.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Nope. I'll not help fund the progressive corruption wagon in IL.

No kidding! I have to go to IL every month for business purposes. It is unbelievable to me how corrupt and communist left their government is. It makes me thankful to live in Indiana. I literally want to kiss IN ground when I hit the border after being in that God forsaken state for an entire week.

I have seriously considered getting their CCW, but there are so many restrictions to it, you could hardly even carry anyway. The restriction that annoys me most is that "No Guns" signs on the doors have force of law, which means that you can be arrested just for entering an establishment with a gun.

Indiana law states that "No Guns" signs do not have force of law, all they can do is ask you to leave. Now if you don't leave, you could be arrested for trespassing. But, I don't think that you should be arrested for entering a place that says no guns. I try to look for these sign when approaching an establishment here in IN, but sometimes they are posted ambiguous locations.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If I went there on a regular basis...I would consider it.

We'll see what happens in a few years. hte biggest annoyance is there are so many 'gun free' zones...You'd have to constantly be on edge.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    If I went there on a regular basis...I would consider it.

We'll see what happens in a few years. hte biggest annoyance is there are so many 'gun free' zones...You'd have to constantly be on edge.

Exactly.....not to mention that it's going to its about $400 after it's all said and done.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Exactly.....not to mention that it's going to its about $400 after it's all said and done.
    More like $500-$650 for it. It's $300 just for a non resident permint, that has to be renewed every five years and then you have to take a 16 hour training class that will cost you $200-$350

right now this is the close place that offers it and as for cost they are at the high end. http://pelcherguns.com/

Last edited:

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    More like $500-$650 for it. It's $300 just for a non resident permint, that has to be renewed every five years and then you have to take a 16 hour training class that will cost you $200-$350

right now this is the close place that offers it and as for cost they are at the high end. Pelchers Gun Shop and Shooters Supply Inc.

Jeez, even better. I didn't figure in the training costs. Just the application and fingerprint costs. As sad as it is, due to my situation of frequenting that state, I will not be getting one of these permits.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Jeez, even better. I didn't figure in the training costs. Just the application and fingerprint costs. As sad as it is, due to my situation of frequenting that state, I will not be getting one of these permits.
    Sorry to rain on your parade. I work in Illinois and under there new law I can carry a loaded concealed firearm as long as I don't leave my vehicle, so their is no reason for me to get it.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Sorry to rain on your parade. I work in Illinois and under there new law I can carry a loaded concealed firearm as long as I don't leave my vehicle, so their is no reason for me to get it.

On who's parade? I'm not wasting my money or time getting an IL permit, even though I go to IL monthly. Too much red tape and too many restrictions.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    I hate how much is costs and I hate how many restrictions they have, but what I hate most is the fact that I can't carry there and not be a considered a felon. I have family in the Chicago area and plan on getting mine. That is once Indiana is approved.

Top Bottom