• ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Purely hypothetical...

Who would vote for me, a regular Joe kind of guy who after not being interested in college right out of high school is now back at university at the age of 31. I have NO political experience, I wasn't even in Student Council.

I am however quite outspoken and I have no problem calling people on BS. I am not easily pushed around, and I enjoy a good debate, as long as people can use LOGIC and FACTS over stupid emotional ploys to get what they want. And when said tactics (emotional) are used, I like to turn those back against them.

What I WOULD do is try to figure out how to best represent the people of my district. My idea would be to allow anyone with residency the option to have a secure log on to a website to take polls and surveys to share THEIR feelings on issues giving me a better understanding of how to vote in Congress.

I am NOT planning on running for office...
    I have no self-serving reason for this post (other than curiosity)

Who would vote for me? (or a candidate that is similar)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I like the polls thing a true democracy, but it sound to clinton for me. You need to stand up for what the people want but not always does one have to vote for what the majority wants. The old if everyone was jumping off the bridge would you.

No I would rather you have time to post on INGO.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    LOL! you guys are funny. Keep in mind by "me" I meant a made up person who has no political experience, and is just and average person. I don't REALLY mean the real ME!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Assuming you are well spoken, clear and firm in your beliefs, and appear to be truthful and genuine, then yes I would. I'm not easily impressed with all of the slick talking, drum-beating, political types anyway.

We have enough career politicians. A few 'average joes' would do us good.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just representing the people is not good enough for me. I need someone who will restrict the government when the people decide they want what isn't theirs.

Theft via hired proxy is still theft.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Can you tell your wife no? Can you tell your kids no? Your mother or father? Brothers and sisters? Best friend? Close friends? Campaign volunteers? Campaign director? Major political donor?

Can you compromise your position without compromising your principles? Can you take in information and formulate a position based upon all input? Are you open minded enough to listen to all viewpoints before making a decision? Can you change your mind?

Will you say damn your constituents as long as your position is well principled and articulated?

Are you willing to quit before reaching the 10 year in office mark?

Ar you willing to live by the same rules and restrictions you place on others?

Are your suits made of teflon and your skin of steel?

If you answer yes to all the above, I could vote for you. It depends now on wher you stand on key issues.

I value principles over position every day. Positions changes with the wind. If principle do as well you have no principles.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    These are the types or answers I was looking for.

I too am a firm believer in many of the things you guys are saying, I just wanted to get a feel for how others felt about politicians.

If I were to actually run, TERM LIMITS would be one of my high priorities. I think politicians MUST return to the world they have helped create. If they don't have to live among the people, as one of the people, then they are less likely to care how the public is treated.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Purely hypothetical...

Who would vote for me, a regular Joe kind of guy who after not being interested in college right out of high school is now back at university at the age of 31. I have NO political experience, I wasn't even in Student Council.

I am however quite outspoken and I have no problem calling people on BS. I am not easily pushed around, and I enjoy a good debate, as long as people can use LOGIC and FACTS over stupid emotional ploys to get what they want. And when said tactics (emotional) are used, I like to turn those back against them.

What I WOULD do is try to figure out how to best represent the people of my district. My idea would be to allow anyone with residency the option to have a secure log on to a website to take polls and surveys to share THEIR feelings on issues giving me a better understanding of how to vote in Congress.

I am NOT planning on running for office...
    I have no self-serving reason for this post (other than curiosity)

Who would vote for me? (or a candidate that is similar)

What would be the point of any of the rest of that resume if you are just going to send up trial balloons to see which way the political wind is blowing every time you have to make a decision?

True democracy? Screw that crap. We've had more than enough of that with the last 5-6 administrations right up to this one, none of them are any different. They all think of themselves first and then try to figure out how to benefit them selves and still pacify the idiots enough to get re-elected.

Top Bottom