Whoa! Car guys...we have a LOTUS dealer in Indy, now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    I don't know how much interest anyone would even have in this, but it seems a fair amount of INGO members are pretty big into cars as well, so I thought I'd share. My buddy dragged me to this place to have his car serviced so I went along to give him a ride home. I'm trying to be more active on my forums I belong to anyway, so I figured that I'd drop a line in here for you car nuts. It's a small standalone dealer / service center that sells new and pre-owned Lotus cars in addition to some other high lines as well. When I was in there I saw several Lotus from old to new, a Lamborghini Murcielago and I think a couple Aston Martins, and some other really cool cars. They were all pretty nice and even offered me a good bottle of beer (win!) while I perused their place.

If you're in the area check the place out...it's near 96th and Michigan in a business park called Park 465

Gator Motorsport / Lotus Of Indy
    3353 W 96th St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46268

You car nuts should go check it out and drool over the cool fast stuff I can't afford!

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I recall a real Lotus with a British racing green paint job - 1965 vintage. Driven by a Scottish fellow by the name of Clark.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Came close to buying an Elise last year but the dealer had it in the showroom and I guess didn't figure I was actually interested in buying it. Nice to see a dedicated dealer in town. Maybe they will treat me like someone with more than a couple of dollars to part with.

Thanks for the heads up! rep'd

DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    Came close to buying an Elise last year but the dealer had it in the showroom and I guess didn't figure I was actually interested in buying it. Nice to see a dedicated dealer in town. Maybe they will treat me like someone with more than a couple of dollars to part with.

Thanks for the heads up! rep'd

I was actually kind of shocked at how nice they were. While I'd imagine they clearly could guess I wasn't there to buy a car the sales guy was really nice, not pushy, and actually insisted I get in the cars and showed me around...I think his name is Brian, if memory serves me. You can tell the place is being run by car guys that are really into it...it was refreshing...and made me wish I had money..lol. Even though I announced politely that I had no intention to buy based on finances, they invited me back in the future to see what they were working on, and see the new cars as they came in. I wish more places were like this.

Go check them out if you have some spare time. :yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Their larger car... Evora, is it? That's a beauty!

But even if I had the money for a toy car like a Lotus - I wouldn't buy one. At 6'3" and 245lbs + big feet, I'm just too big for a Lotus. Oh well. Their loss. :rofl:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's a white one that drives around Greenwood a lot. Cool looking, but tiny.

I've also seen a bright orange Lambo around... And a "neighbor" a few 'hoods east of mine has a few Ferraris.

Guess you can now have a Lotus serviced here in Indy... Can't get an oil change for one of those fancy Italian jobbies without going to Chicago or Cincy!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Wife and I spent some time at the dealership in Chicago about 5 years ago. Best dealership experience I've ever had. We got to tour the upstairs lot and had plenty of VERY impressive vehicles ranging from old muscle cars to a Mclaren F1.

We'll be up in the area on Saturday and might have to swing by...

DJDan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    North Indy
    I've also seen a bright orange Lambo around... And a "neighbor" a few 'hoods east of mine has a few Ferraris.

Guess you can now have a Lotus serviced here in Indy... Can't get an oil change for one of those fancy Italian jobbies without going to Chicago or Cincy!

Not entirely true I don't think...their head tech is a Lotus/Lambo certified tech and has a long career spanning the entire high end line. I met the tech, too...and he relocated for this job from the Chicago area...he was with a dealer I think called Fox Valley? They all spent a ton of time talking to me...so I kind of took note. There was a Lambo in the garage being serviced...an orange Gallardo (sp?)...a BMW 850CSI...and a gorgeous Esprit V8 Twin Turbo...drool.

Top Bottom