Whoo Baby ... Look at how the Republicans are ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Government handouts make up ONE THIRD of America's salaries and wages

Read more: Welfare nation: Government handouts make up ONE THIRD of America's salaries and wages | Mail Online

I found this article to be interesting...although I am not sure how true it is. The liberals will stay in favor as long as they are writing checks. We need to get these folks off the teat, and on the job site whenever possible. That means buying American whenever possible.

Republicans are writing those same checks and usually to the same people. They each use entitlements to garner votes and money. Neither of them is any better than the other in this (or most) regards.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mr. J., with all due respect, Hoyer is a Democrat. Obama is a Democrat.

The article mentions two Democrats and the title of the thread is "Look at how the Republicans are . . ." even though not a single Republican is named in the story. This like teenage girls blaming daddy for not providing a perfect world.

Granted there are more than enough things to criticize Republicans about, but surely you can see my frustration at turning everything into the Republicans fault for not being the perfect daddy?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

The article mentions two Democrats and the title of the thread is "Look at how the Republicans are . . ." even though not a single Republican is named in the story. This like teenage girls blaming daddy for not providing a perfect world.

Granted there are more than enough things to criticize Republicans about, but surely you can see my frustration at turning everything into the Republicans fault for not being the perfect daddy?

You're missing it, Kirk. These guys actually think the Dems and the Republicans are NO DIFFERENT. The NRA is an ANTI-GUN organization, Obama and Reagan are cut from the same cloth.

To them, Hoyer and Obama and Reagan and Bush and anyone else you want to mention except Ron Paul are all the same, so what difference does Hoyer's label make?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You're missing it, Kirk. These guys actually think the Dems and the Republicans are NO DIFFERENT. The NRA is an ANTI-GUN organization, Obama and Reagan are cut from the same cloth.

To them, Hoyer and Obama and Reagan and Bush and anyone else you want to mention except Ron Paul are all the same, so what difference does Hoyer's label make?

You mean,...they're insane?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I respect the right to think that the parties are a distinction without difference but THIS ARTICLE does not mention any Republicans.

Hoyer is a Democrat from Maryland; Obama is a Democrat from Illinois. They are the only two politicians named and suddenly "look at the Republicans" comes out of space, perhaps Pallas or Kashyyyk.

Why drag Republicans into a dispute between two wings of the Democrat party?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

That's nice and I agree with you, but I wasn't addressing that issue. I was addressing Bob's look at entitlements and the handout culture. Not the OP. Despite dross's usual rant of purity this and that, there is no discernible difference between the two when it comes to the entitlement and handouts issue.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pretty heard to do anything when the Dems go AWOL or threaten to do so and the so called President threatens to veto anything he doesn't like. :dunno: They should have their pay docked and fined for every day they are absent. It would be even better if we could just can em and post someone who wants to help the country in their place. :yesway:

Hello,

I would go AWOL as well! This is just one small part of a much larger issue in that state. Until you talk about proper taxing don't talk about cutting out unions. You can't hit one groups base without looking at your own. This Governor made more tax cuts for the rich and then... he wants to pay for it off of unions? No I don't think so. I'm not pro union but I do see a point here. Make a flat tax and treat everyone the same. See how that shakes out, and then start looking at the unions.

Thanks,
    Matthew

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Hello,

I would go AWOL as well! This is just one small part of a much larger issue in that state. Until you talk about proper taxing don't talk about cutting out unions. You can't hit one groups base without looking at your own. This Governor made more tax cuts for the rich and then... he wants to pay for it off of unions? No I don't think so. I'm not pro union but I do see a point here. Make a flat tax and treat everyone the same. See how that shakes out, and then start looking at the unions.

Thanks,
    Matthew

It's not about unions it's about public sector compensation and how that is determined. All over this country states are going broke because they can't afford to pay for the promises politicians made to public employees who elected them, promises that everyone else has to pay for.

There should be no unions for public employees, it leads to the situation we have now.

Tax cuts for the rich is ALWAYS a slogan and a lie tied up together.

Tax cuts for business are tax cuts for the people who buy goods and services, which is everyone.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. We have a thread on an article which features two Democrats-Hoyer commenting on Obama's budget-but somehow the Republicans are failing because Republicans did not use their Jedi mind control powers on the House Minority Leader Hoyer or President Obama. Further, there is no pony and I want it now.

2. No one can tell me why Republicans were mentioned, but, btw, they are bad because they can bring about a perfect world if only they wanted to.

3. In a thread about the U.S. Congress we now have comments on the Indiana General Assembly and the Fleet-footed, Illinois exiled Democrats. What does this have to do with Hoyer or Obama?

INGO has lost its collective brain today.:dunno:

I'm coming back tomorrow, hopefully this will make more sense.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    1. We have a thread on an article which features two Democrats-Hoyer commenting on Obama's budget-but somehow the Republicans are failing because Republicans did not use their Jedi mind control powers on the House Minority Leader Hoyer or President Obama. Further, there is no pony and I want it now.

2. No one can tell me why Republicans were mentioned, but, btw, they are bad because they can bring about a perfect world if only they wanted to.

3. In a thread about the U.S. Congress we now have comments on the Indiana General Assembly and the Fleet-footed, Illinois exiled Democrats. What does this have to do with Hoyer or Obama?

INGO has lost its collective brain today.:dunno:

I'm coming back tomorrow, hopefully this will make more sense.

Kirk, what is it you don't get? They're demonstrating exactly why it is so easy to fool the electorate time and again. The rubes all over this country can't hold a consistent thought for more than a few minutes.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    O.K., Duncan, why use an article that does not mention a single Republican to criticize Republicans?

Uhh because I'm dumb ... I looked at the tag line under the Pic ... say where it said " House Majority Leader Rep. " .. the R 's control the house .
    Did not notice the D behind his name at the start .

Looks like I eat crow on my lack of detail .
    Duncan

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Uhh because I'm dumb ... I looked at the tag line under the Pic ... say where it said " House Majority Leader Rep. " .. the R 's control the house .
    Did not notice the D behind his name at the start .

Looks like I eat crow on my lack of detail .
    Duncan

It may have been an oversight on your part, but it fits your stated position quite well. The two parties are interchangeable, so what difference does Hoyer's label make, according to your world view?

Top Bottom