• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I will be in October! Cant wait to be Mr. Breitwieser instead of Cpl. Breitwieser. I miss Indiana waaayyy to much to do any more time.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    US Army 86-96 - Signal Corps

2nd Armored Cav Regiment
    2nd Army - Readiness Group, attached to 24th ID during Desert Shield/Storm
    US Army Medical Command

cut by Clinton mid-career, or I'd have stayed 20.

and Mrs H was an Army Medic for 8 years.

oh.. and one finishing up Basic Training next week, heading to Fort Sam Houston to become a Combat Medic. :patriot:

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Army 10 years, Fort Bragg, NC - AIRBORNE!

I loved being deployed before getting married, but right after I jumped the broom we were deployed Haiti (4th deployment). I missed my wife and couldn't stand it, so I asked to go to Drill School. I guess I was more needed as a recruiter and that's what they gave me. After putting up with Hoosiers for three years, I tried to go to Germany, but was told I had to go to D.C. I wasn't having that, so I ETS'd. I could not see spending anymore time in Class B's every day. I wouldn't be able to jump anymore. No more battalion/brigade runs. No real unit! I couldn't do it.

If I were to change anything, it would be my wife's decision that I cannot join the ANG/AR and finish my 10 years in the JAG Corps. I doubt this happens, so I guess I'm left with some pretty cool memories of great times I've had.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    USAF
    8-82 - 8-88
    811X0- thats nuclear security at SAC.

What would I change, I would never have picked SAC to join again. There's a saying and it was true for me. "once you go SAC you can never go back"

I put in for east coast, west coast and overseas. I spent all my time at Wurtsmith AFB in MI, which is where I was from. I would have picked a specialty that would have landed me on a TAC base. That would have given me the locations I wanted.

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Army, had 6 years in and got an honorable medical at the end of my 2nd tour in Iraq.
    2 tours in Iraq total. Basic, AIT, jump school, and sniper school at Benning. Stationed in Schweinfurt, but didn't get to spend much time there between training in the woods, and deployments.

Last of the German Big Red One/Blue Spaders

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    USAF 1979-1985, Kadena AB, Okinanwa / RAF Woodbridge, UK / Mt. Home AFB, ID.
    USAFR 1985-2010, Grissom ARB, IN / 930 Tac Fighter Grp & 434 Air Refueling Wing. Was a full time Air Reserve Techician until 2008.
    Retired as an E-8 SMSgt. Started out in aircraft maintenance as a Jet Engine tech. Activated and deployed as a Logistics Planner for Kosovo and 9/11.
    31 years of good memories and great friends.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    USMC '67 - '69

5th Recon Camp Pendleton
    3rd Recon Vietnam -Phu Bai, Khe Sanh, Quang Tri
    2rd Recon Camp Lejeune
    US Navy Diving School Subic Bay, Philippines

Pain builds character .... Semper Fi !!!!

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    USAF 1984-1994 - Health Information

Bergstrom AFB TX
    Kunsan AB ROK
    MacDill AFB FL
    Riyadh AB SA

INARNG 1996-1999 - Military Police

Stout Field Indianapolis

USAFR 1999-2003 - Security Forces

Grissom ARB IN

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    USAF 4 yrs active. I was an aircraft loadmaster on C141's. Freaking awesome 4 years. I wouldn't change anything. Saw the world, partied on 6/7 continents. Doesn't get better than that!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    6 years army Infantry. 2 years in iraq and 1 in afghanistan. whole lot of schools and ribbons. I actually loved the job but hated the bs and the rear.

if I could change something I would have went to the air force and done something that could have helped me out here in the real world lol.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    While I have nothing on the Patriots that have posted and will...

I've been Army Guard for close to 18 months now. Air Traffic Control and currently part of the 38th ID CAB.

Best thing so far was jump school....yes I'm a 5 jump chump, but those 5 were amazing!!!

Starting Monday 2/13/2012 I will be on active orders for a year with the 1st Aviation out of Fort Rucker.....I'll probably make a thread about that!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    USAF Active Duty 1977-1991 Dover AFB DE. and Osan AB ROK. Hydraulic Tech C-5's at Dover and MH-60G's (Air Rescue Jolly Green) at Osan.
    Had 11 year break.
    2002-2011 USAFR Grissom ARB. KC135R

24 Years total. Retired E-7. I was honored to serve with the men and women of all the branches of the military. They are America's finest.

Top Bottom