Who's getting/wants a gun for Christmas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I gotta wait & see how much we spend on gifts first. But, then I am getting myself an M&P shield45. I shot my dads today and was quite surprised how light the recoil was. I honestly think my M&P40c has a snappier recoil. Guess you could say I liked the koolaid and gotta have one. Wife says I don't need any more guns, so it will have to make its way into the safe under the cover of darkness. She says guns seem to breed in my safe. Every time I open it she sees something she didn't know I had.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I gotta wait & see how much we spend on gifts first. But, then I am getting myself an M&P shield45. I shot my dads today and was quite surprised how light the recoil was. I honestly think my M&P40c has a snappier recoil. Guess you could say I liked the koolaid and gotta have one. Wife says I don't need any more guns, so it will have to make its way into the safe under the cover of darkness. She says guns seem to breed in my safe. Every time I open it she sees something she didn't know I had.

I learned long ago that to "Try" and deceive the spouse was just not a very good idea. She always knows. Just does. So I worked it out with her. I buy a gun, she gets some mad money. I sell one, same thing. This way she knows. I can sleep with both eyes closed....:):

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I learned long ago that to "Try" and deceive the spouse was just not a very good idea. She always knows. Just does. So I worked it out with her. I buy a gun, she gets some mad money. I sell one, same thing. This way she knows. I can sleep with both eyes closed....:):

"A wise man awakes from a comfortable sleep"

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    Maybe I will get one. I await the new North American Arms Ranger II Break Top mini revolver. I ordered mine a while ago and they working on them so they can be shipped. I hope I get mine before Christmas and I would consider them a Christmas present if so, otherwise it would be after the New Year. Guess I will know when I know when it will be coming.
    View attachment 61143 click it and it will get larger.

Those look like tons of fun!

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

You got that right brother... she always knows. It took me several years to realize that. Like you, its all good now. One word ...Compromise.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Oh heck yes she always knows. I don't exactly decieve her. After all the bills are paid, I tuck a few bucks back here & there for stuff I want and she does the same. So we both have a little bit of what I call blow it money. She gets what she wants and I get what I want. She just likes to bust my chops about guns that are in my safe she has never seen. When it comes to any major purchases we discuss it and give each other the ok first

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Bought myself a CZ 455FS and a new meat slicer...the wife knows where to hang the Christmas tags. I got her a new set of cowgirl boots. We know how to shop for what the other person (we) want.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh heck yes she always knows. I don't exactly decieve her. After all the bills are paid, I tuck a few bucks back here & there for stuff I want and she does the same. So we both have a little bit of what I call blow it money. She gets what she wants and I get what I want. She just likes to bust my chops about guns that are in my safe she has never seen. When it comes to any major purchases we discuss it and give each other the ok first

Partners. What a concept.........:thumbsup:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Maybe I will get one. I await the new North American Arms Ranger II Break Top mini revolver. I ordered mine a while ago and they working on them so they can be shipped. I hope I get mine before Christmas and I would consider them a Christmas present if so, otherwise it would be after the New Year. Guess I will know when I know when it will be coming.
    View attachment 61143 click it and it will get larger.

Well crap. Never really wanted an NAA before now. Really like break tops.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    My sweet wife is getting me a Marlin XT 22 mag bolt action rifle for Christmas. I wasn't supposed to know.. oops.

I texted my wife that my rifle is out for delivery and that she should get a call from the ffl some time today. She responded "Stop stalking your gift. You're supposed to act surprised... REMEMBER?!?"

lol I can't help it.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Several possibilities that I may purchase at the Indy 1500.
    S&W snub .357
    Deer lever gun w/ threads on barrel (308? 6.5?)
    .40 S&W receiver for SBR project

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I gave my wife money for her Cricket that she bought on sale at JoAnns fabrics.

Then when she asked what I wanted. I said I’d like a FN Five-Seven.

I received a shipment confirmation this morning from PSA that it’s on the way.
    I’m gonna keep her!!!!!

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I would like a ruger mpr or perhaps a dpms oracle in 308. I enjoy the recoil a bit more than just shooting 223. However I would like to do an occasional 2 gun match so the mpr may make more sense.

Other than a 1911 or an FNX45 I don't have an urge for another pistol.

seahag56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Noblesville
    My husband is getting me a Ruger LCP 2 (to upgrade from my original LCP). I'm getting myself a Mossberg 930 Deluxe (Walnut stock) semiauto shotgun. Much fun will be had by all!

Top Bottom