Who's going to one of the nicest gun auctions ever?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The 1873 brought 1400 I think.

The last fal sold was a steal in my opinion. $1200 +/- for heavy barrel fal on an argentine FMAP receiver.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went yesterday... was there for about 12 hours. Prices started out silly IMHO - run-of-the-mill Enfields going for $350 - $475 (before premium, taxes and transfer!). I'm glad I stayed late. I picked up the Husqvarna M38 for a good price I thought. I also picked up some 308 for a decent price (not great - should have waited longer). It was my first auction, and I may never see another one like it. A little like losing your virginity to a Playboy model... everything after that is going to be a little disappointing on some level! :):

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    Anybody catch what #98, the Colt - Sauer in .30-06 or #151, Remington 1100 in .410 sold for? Those were a couple of items that I was interested in checking out.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I went yesterday... was there for about 12 hours. Prices started out silly IMHO - run-of-the-mill Enfields going for $350 - $475 (before premium, taxes and transfer!). I'm glad I stayed late. I picked up the Husqvarna M38 for a good price I thought. I also picked up some 308 for a decent price (not great - should have waited longer). It was my first auction, and I may never see another one like it. A little like losing your virginity to a Playboy model... everything after that is going to be a little disappointing on some level! :):
    At least you brought home something you wanted...Lose your virginity to a Playboy model, you might bring home something you DON'T want!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Anybody catch what #98, the Colt - Sauer in .30-06 or #151, Remington 1100 in .410 sold for? Those were a couple of items that I was interested in checking out.

I think the Colt went around $1400-1600 and the 1100 was $1000. Some prices were astronomical and a couple were pretty good. People seemed to go nuts for ammo and often bid wayyyyy to much for unknown quantities. Some of the M2 Ball and 308 went pretty reasonable towards the end. Garands were going for crazy money IMO. A lot of Johnson Rifles will now be residing in Kentucky as a friend of mine bought "a few". I was there for the duration and will feel it today. I picked up a bright polished CZ75B and 97B and an old S&W Model 40 in the boxes. Really should have bid on the Remington 1903A3 that went for $500 but some ass hat was standing in front of me and it went so fast I never had the chance. All in all it was quite an experience. The first auction I've ever been to in my life so I learned a lot.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    Thanks - so no great deal on those either. Would have been an interesting experience, but the day was so nice, I spent it clearing leaves/limbs around the house and cutting wood.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the Colt went around $1400-1600 and the 1100 was $1000. Some prices were astronomical and a couple were pretty good. People seemed to go nuts for ammo and often bid wayyyyy to much for unknown quantities. Some of the M2 Ball and 308 went pretty reasonable towards the end. Garands were going for crazy money IMO. A lot of Johnson Rifles will now be residing in Kentucky as a friend of mine bought "a few". I was there for the duration and will feel it today. I picked up a bright polished CZ75B and 97B and an old S&W Model 40 in the boxes. Really should have bid on the Remington 1903A3 that went for $500 but some ass hat was standing in front of me and it went so fast I never had the chance. All in all it was quite an experience. The first auction I've ever been to in my life so I learned a lot.

Damn... that must have gone after I left. Probably a good thing though! :):

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Damn... that must have gone after I left. Probably a good thing though! :):

It was one of the last dozen or so. I was pissed but what the heck. I left after the polished Browning HP got above $1200. There were only a handful of things left. It took us a bit to do the paperwork and get out but I was home, in Broad Ripple, right around 11pm. There were a LOT of guns sold for well over retail though. Not sure what some people think during auctions but you could go to Dons and get better deals on some of the guns I saw sold. I dunno....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was one of the last dozen or so. I was pissed but what the heck. I left after the polished Browning HP got above $1200. There were only a handful of things left. It took us a bit to do the paperwork and get out but I was home, in Broad Ripple, right around 11pm. There were a LOT of guns sold for well over retail though. Not sure what some people think during auctions but you could go to Dons and get better deals on some of the guns I saw sold. I dunno....
    Yeah, I noticed that about the prices too. A Glock 10mm for what... $850?? So over a grand with the buyer's premium, taxes and transfer?! :n00b: Oh yeah, and what about that CZ 52 for almost 400... well over 400 after taxes and fees... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008

Colt Sauer 1500.00, Rem 1100LW 1000.00, I'm not 100% on the Rem but I think it's correct.

zinx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Castleton
    We stayed for around 3 hours after the auction started but that is all I could handle. Did anyone see what the 5.7 went for? I'm guessing way more that it was worth.

SMOKEDIVER36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Chesterfield IN
    I left around 8:30 with what looked like approximately 50 guns left to move. Very glad I got to witness a collection of that size and condition but bidding was insane for this area. I have been attending central Indiana gun auctions for a long time and have never seen bidding that off track. I try to stay up on current gun values but also stay in my World War nitch and I have to say $300 to $400 dollars for what use to be throw away Mausers was odd. Then when the six digit Springfield Danish return with Danish replacement barrel pulled $2700 I thought maybe it is time to have my own auction. Did find it strange that the K31s which are becoming harder to find and prices are steadily rising going for so cheap. Needless to say a couple of fine K31 examples came home with me. All in all absolutely glad I went because not many people can say they were in the same room with 18 Johnson Automatics.

Lot 289 FN 57 closed at $900.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Did anyone record the sell price for Lot 112 - H&R M1 Garand low s/n??? Besides the NM rifle, lot 112 was IMO the best looking of all the Garands.

Top Bottom