• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I'm at the SHOT, but gotta admit, this single shot, handgun, accuracy oriented shooter is an island in an ocean of black plastic firearms.

That said, there are some cool toys here. A lot of emphasis on high power air rifles. Asian made airguns and optics also have a big presence . European long guns with BEAUTIFUL wood stocks are here. Labradar has their version of the Magellan mini chronograph. 100+ vendors pushing their version of AR platform.

I'm actually pursuing the guys making steel targets that can be applicable to clubs and individuals alike. A lot of options out there, and some small manufacturers are willing to customize to fit your needs if customer demands can warrant the tooling up. So airgun and rimfire are perhaps supplanting the conventional centerfire targets. Awesome-sauce.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm at the SHOT, but gotta admit, this single shot, handgun, accuracy oriented shooter is an island in an ocean of black plastic firearms.

That said, there are some cool toys here. A lot of emphasis on high power air rifles. Asian made airguns and optics also have a big presence . European long guns with BEAUTIFUL wood stocks are here. Labradar has their version of the Magellan mini chronograph. 100+ vendors pushing their version of AR platform.

I'm actually pursuing the guys making steel targets that can be applicable to clubs and individuals alike. A lot of options out there, and some small manufacturers are willing to customize to fit your needs if customer demands can warrant the tooling up. So airgun and rimfire are perhaps supplanting the conventional centerfire targets. Awesome-sauce.
    Get some pictures....

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Get some pictures....
    No offense intended, but if you've seen a dozen variations of the AR platform, the next 100 variants aren't earth shattering. Variations of an M-lock forend, a new muzzle break, or a left hand grip do not excite me.

Likewise with black plastic handguns. Someone makes a 10 Rd mag for a Smith shield....or a 12 Rd extended mag...or a fiber optic set of sights...yawn...

I'm sure many INGO'ers don't share my desire for an affordable bolt action handgun or an offhand rimfire bolt rifle that balances well, has a good trigger, a nice stick of walnut, and an adjustable comb for under $800.

Again, no flames, just saying...

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    A steel target company offered a mock-up of a rimfire shoot-thru target similar to a biathlon target. Chatted with them a long time, I'm gonna send them a sketch of a similar design but with an interchangeable face plate of different designs. This would allow a single unit to swap from basic round targets to silo animals, triangle, square, star, KYL, etc in 2 minutes or less, with string or rope reset for air or rimfire.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No offense intended, but if you've seen a dozen variations of the AR platform, the next 100 variants aren't earth shattering. Variations of an M-lock forend, a new muzzle break, or a left hand grip do not excite me.

Likewise with black plastic handguns. Someone makes a 10 Rd mag for a Smith shield....or a 12 Rd extended mag...or a fiber optic set of sights...yawn...

I'm sure many INGO'ers don't share my desire for an affordable bolt action handgun or an offhand rimfire bolt rifle that balances well, has a good trigger, a nice stick of walnut, and an adjustable comb for under $800.

Again, no flames, just saying...
    Get pictures of what you like and think is interesting. I'm sure others will like them as well. I'll enjoy looking at your reports brother.

Top Bottom