• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Seemed really busy for a Friday.... One guy was selling boxes full of nagants.... Saw p mags low of $11 or $12 all the way up to $30.... Seemed the closer you got to the door the more prices went up..... Lots and lots of ammo and .22.

DantesPurgatory

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    So I anticipate going to the show tomorrow morning (early). Call me a newb (the correct spelling of that word btw!) if you want, but I've never been to one before. I know some states have certain laws pertaining to gun shows, but I'm curious how this one works.

If I decide to purchase a firearm, do they perform a call-in fed background check at all, or just sell it to me? I do know that they are requesting ppl to come in with their firearms unloaded, so that's not going to be a question for me, but I'm mainly curious about purchasing procedures at this event. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: I have no reason to fear a background check btw, just curious.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    No special rules because it is a show. If you are buying from a dealer they have to run it through the background check system. If from an individual the seller has the legal obligation to reasonably make sure they are not selling to someone that isn't fit to buy/ own. Typically they will ask for your LTCH since in order to get that you've passed the background check. Also, they should at a minimum check DL to confirm you are an Indiana resident.

Others more knowledgeable will chime in also.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We are there. North East corner across from Bobcat Steel. Stop by and :wavey:

Indy1500May2014_zps13de3163.jpg

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Went today (Friday). Nice. No waiting in line to get in. It was in the smaller building as compared to the last one, but it felt less crowded and easier to get around.
    22lr was more available than in the past. Still expensive but more available. $60 per brick and $6-8 per box of 50 was the average from what I saw.
    Bought some ammo and ammo cans.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I might be heading in to the show, im looking for a spikes tactical lower to start a build anybody see what the prices are? and maybe some survival gear,

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I like the ease of getting around Exposition Hall, but I tend to lose track of where I saw the "best deal" on whatever it is I'm shopping around for. I try to pay attention to the larger signs around them, but lose track too easily. It's still easier to get around than the South Pavilion though. Prices seemed higher than previous shows on ammo and reloading supplies. I just can't pull the trigger on purchasing extreme bullets when they frequently offer cheeper deals online. With that said, they did have a LOT of bullets available at the show. More than the last show, when I was on the hunt.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Just got back, was just leaving and a gentleman was carrying in 2 garands- 1 in 308, it came home with me with also accompanied by lots of powder and bullets. was not crowded, didnt walk into any of the rather bad smells as usual there. was very pleasant trip today. then had to swing by profire also before i made the trip home. all in all a very enjoyable day.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Wife and I went Friday. Ended up selling a 22 that I had and traded my cz 52 with 149 rounds staright across for a S&W M&P 38 spl w/4 in barrel from one of the dealers. Picked up large pistol primers, bullets from bobcat steel, and brass. All in all it was the size of Valpo was told to come in Aug when its in the other hall and 4 times bigger. Also stopped at the Indy Trading Post and an excellent time, great customer service, and very friendly.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'll have to go next time.
    Had to work overtime, so I actually made some money this weekend vs. spending it on stuff at the show.

Any CFE223 or Winchester 231 powder at the show?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Wife and I went Friday. Ended up selling a 22 that I had and traded my cz 52 with 149 rounds staright across for a S&W M&P 38 spl w/4 in barrel from one of the dealers. Picked up large pistol primers, bullets from bobcat steel, and brass. All in all it was the size of Valpo was told to come in Aug when its in the other hall and 4 times bigger. Also stopped at the Indy Trading Post and an excellent time, great customer service, and very friendly.

The Aug. show is in the same building as this show. The Oct. show is larger and is moved to the larger building (South Pavilion).

Top Bottom