• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Its going to largley depend on how you load it. If you make nucular reloads, you will probably start to notice accuracy fading around 2500 rds (Guess). If you load a little softer, you will probably notice accuracy fading around 5k (guess)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    A 6.5CM barrel is naturally going to burn out before say a 308. In a 6.5, you're using almost the same powder charges as a 308 and the bore diameter is smaller in the 6.5. Just no way around it. Now I'm not real sure how much more life a 308 barrel will have over the 6.5; as Alan has already stated, it depends on how hot the loads are

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    A 6.5CM barrel is naturally going to burn out before say a 308. In a 6.5, you're using almost the same powder charges as a 308 and the bore diameter is smaller in the 6.5. Just no way around it. Now I'm not real sure how much more life a 308 barrel will have over the 6.5; as Alan has already stated, it depends on how hot the loads are

6.5CM, and 260 will have roughly the same barrel life. I had a 260 that I was loading on the high side of middle of the road that started decreasing in accuracy around the 5k marker. 308's will typically last until about the 10k marker with high side of middle of the road loads.

RugerCrackShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2017
    Greenfield
    I have a RPR chambered in .308 and is a gen 2. Absolulty love this gun! Sub Moa, smooth action, great recoil management, comes with an adjustable trigger but I didn't even touch mine it just felt perfect how it was! My only negative is with all the adjustment in the stock is also a lot of moving parts. You really have to crank the tentioners to keep your same stock setting! I would buy it again!

Top Bottom