Who's participating in No Shave November?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you participating in No Shave Novemeber?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing silly about it. It's to support things like prostate and testicular cancer that plague the male population. Most people are unaware of that though and just think it's something fun to do.
    ^^^^This^^^ The spirit of the event is to raise money or awareness of male cancer! It is like all the pink stuff you see in October for breast cancer awareness. Only there is a little more personal investment in growing facial hair. Make it want you want, but that is the origin of Movember, Novembeard, No shave November.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Nothing silly about it. It's to support things like prostate and testicular cancer that plague the male population. Most people are unaware of that though and just think it's something fun to do.

Yes, but that only actually does anything to support research charities if you either get paid to grow it or get paid to shave it for donations. Otherwise, it is just silly. Also, from everything I've heard, it is Movember that is what raises funds for testicular cancer...it was specifically started for that purpose. No Shave November is pretty silly. People confused them and think they're the same thing. Unless you're donating, it isn't raising anything other than the number of dudes with beards. Most people you'd pass on the street would simply be thinking, "hey...that is a nice starter beard".

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Yes, but that only actually does anything to support research charities if you either get paid to grow it or get paid to shave it for donations. Otherwise, it is just silly. Also, from everything I've heard, it is Movember that is what raises funds for testicular cancer...it was specifically started for that purpose. No Shave November is pretty silly. People confused them and think they're the same thing. Unless you're donating, it isn't raising anything other than the number of dudes with beards. Most people you'd pass on the street would simply be thinking, "hey...that is a nice starter beard".

Way to be a Kill-Joy!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka

Way to be a Kill-Joy!

see below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqiuynMwCQ

:):

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm fine with being a kill-joy and a party pooper. Especially if it helps people realize that they're two different groups and only one donates, at least as a group.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Yes but I started middle of October. Gonna try and grow it till spring. So far driving me nuts with the itching.

Baby shampoor or regular shampoo and wash regularly! Thats how I got past it. I started the full beard the 20th, had the goatee started in September.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've never used baby shampoo, mostly because I never had any around. Might have to pick a bottle up if it is better on the skin and beard. I never really experienced the itch until my beard got to the 4-5 inch mark and my skin started getting excessively dry.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    One more day! Who's going to shave? Trim? Keep it? I might trim. In need of a haircut so I'll probably clean things up a bit. Throw the 3/8 attachment on the Wahl clippers and lose about 5 pounds of hair.

Top Bottom