• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Second biggest so far this year, 5.4# on a buzzbait.

Nice! I may have to break out the buzz baits. Been doing well on the spinner baits and Rat-L-Traps so been staying with those so far, but nothing like seeing a nice one explode on a buzz bait.

I don't really know anything about kayaks. I'm assuming seats 1 and just paddles? How much does yours weigh? Looks interesting.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Mine's 66 pounds unloaded. If I had it to do again, I think one of the 8 foot sit-ins would have been more than enough.

I've been catching most of mine on spinnerbaits, but just happened to switch over because the sun was going down.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mine's 66 pounds unloaded. If I had it to do again, I think one of the 8 foot sit-ins would have been more than enough.

I've been catching most of mine on spinnerbaits, but just happened to switch over because the sun was going down.

What model/type is yours? I know nothing about kayaks. In the past, I had kind of thought about one of those little 2 person pelicans (which would allow me to have the kid along with me). Either way, I'd need to change up the vehicle situation, but that could come when we purchase the boy a vehicle in the not too distant future. Not sure where within a reasonable drive from Avon area I could use either of these, but think Eagle Creek would be prime territory for either.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Funny you should mention buzzbaits, that takes me back 15 years or so. The biggest bass I ever caught was on a big double buzzbait, chartreuse with a little red tail and two big ass buzz blades with clackers. I though it was stupid to buy it, but had read so much about them in the magazines, I had to. That morning when I was 16, and there was a foot thick fog on the creek back home, and I couldn't even see the water, it seemed like a good Idea. 9 1/2lbs worth of memories I will NEVER forget was the result. Since then, Ive watched my buddy catch 3 bass bigger than mine, but mine was something else. It was awesome, and ever since then, Ive been trying to catch another. My biggest regret was bringing it up to the pond to show dad when he got off of work, we didnt have a camera, and I didnt think it would do it justice anyway. By the time he got home, the stringer was pulled out of the ground and I never saw that fish again, dead or alive. Im sure he died, having the stringer in his mouth and all. I still feel bad about that.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Went to a local park lake today, saw a few, NO luck for my son or me...

Last cast fishing our way back to the Blazer, caught a little dink crappie...

Still a good day.

Last edited:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Second biggest so far this year, 5.4# on a buzzbait.

1509032_10152132627393528_1714955673708347669_n.jpg

10177453_10152132627488528_5383042799515973485_n.jpg
    Nice!

Hurshtown was way too windy for me, ended up at Robinson Lake with a buddy. No fish, but a nice day to be out on the water.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Had my favorite last hour of daylight tonight. Kept a half dozen respectable crappie out of a couple dozen caught.
    Got to grin at a young bubba when my second cast caught one bigger than his buddies and him caught after fishing for hours. I was standing right next to them, fishing water they'd already fished. :)

No huge fish, this one was the big one:

20140506_215521_zps1quxpe1d.jpg
    20140506_215609_zps56exgruk.jpg

bradrob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Went out in my kayak after work on White River in Noblesville. Very windy but still managed to catch 3 smallies and several rock bass that looked like they were full of eggs. Not the best outing, but it was my first of the year.

Attachments

• P5080211.JPG
      P5080211.JPG
      38.2 KB · Views: 10

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Went out in my kayak after work on White River in Noblesville. Very windy but still managed to catch 3 smallies and several rock bass that looked like they were full of eggs. Not the best outing, but it was my first of the year.

On poppers? Oh man, my favorite fly to catch smallies. Guess I'll be heading out to the river tomorrow.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Imagine if you will a sunny shallow pocket on a 12 acre spring fed lake, popping with trout all around you. That's where I will be again tomorrow! Just me, a pair of Loons and Otters and various ducks. Nobody fishes it this time of year.

Top Bottom