• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just had some wonderful fresh bluegill tacos, basically going by greenedog's recipe (late in the video.) I have a few pounds of crappie left from last year that I think I'll try to get ate this way:

[video=youtube_share;OZCvUCrpSyg]http://youtu.be/OZCvUCrpSyg[/video]

Greenedog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Thanks for sharing the video, bwframe! There's something about that lime salsa that just goes perfectly with fish. I added another new fishing "toy" to the arsenal this week...
    [video=youtube;6c238kslOIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c238kslOIQ[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks for sharing the video, bwframe! There's something about that lime salsa that just goes perfectly with fish. I added another new fishing "toy" to the arsenal this week...

The thanks goes to you sir! I've had numerous crappie tacos this past week. I'll have to look into the lime salsa, but I've been using home canned. Maybe I'll add a squeeze of fresh lime and see?

I'm a huge fan of your videos. Please keep them coming!

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    [video=youtube;6c238kslOIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c238kslOIQ[/video]

Nice looking kayak.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Caught 6 this morning during about a 30 minute stretch in about an hour and a half overall of fishing, they were crashing the black spinnerbait from under the weed bed edges so hard I was having to try and get it bent back into shape each time. Picture is a pretty bad selfie as it was really overcast at the time.

Another good day of fishing.

WP_20140629_001-Copy.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My biggest Indiana bass is 6.8#.

Caught that bass in a my old bass club's Classic tournament on Monroe back in 1999, which put me over the top to win the Classic Champion title.

Even better was I won fishing out of the back of another guys boat in a spot I put him on during practice.

I've been trying to beat that number for years and still haven't done it, that's really the only reason I carry the scale. I caught one earlier this year pre-spawn but may have beat it, but didn't have a scale and dropped it back in the water in order to save my phone as I was trying to take a picture.

My biggest ever is 9.6 from Lake Fork, sadly didn't have a camera and didn't it mounted because I was holding out for a ten pounder. I've regretted that decision for quite some time, but I'll get back down there again some day.

If, before I die, I have a ten pound bass and a ten point buck on my wall... if not, I'll have enjoyed the pursuit of both because that's what it is really all about.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just got back from a trip to meet some family in Destin, FL and the place where we stayed had several small ponds, and had a couple of small spinning rigs and a little box of rubber worms and 1 lone spinnerbait in it that could be rented for 24 hours for $5 each. Rented them, tied on that spinnerbait and walked over to one of the bigger ponds on the golf course (not entirely sure I was allowed to fish on that particular lake as we part of the time we were on the edge of the green), and caught this one. I've rarely used a spinning rod, as I've been using a bait caster for about 35 years now, but landing one on light spinning tackle was fun.

Also went out on a public charter boat while we were there. Nothing huge but caught quite a few Vermillion Snapper and a few White Snapper. Got them cleaned and brought them back to the condo and my wife fried them up nicely with some grits. Made for an excellent meal. Sadly I forgot to take pictures of the cooked fish, but here was our stringer.

Tonight, the boy and I went to our local spot back here in Indiana for about an hour. He caught a few including this nice one.

Last edited:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    The picture of here in Indiana looks pretty familiar. If it is indeed where I think it is, I never realized that there was decent bass in there. Always just caught small stuff.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Had a good evening of fishing. Caught about 12 bass. The biggest ones were about 1.5 pounds. I did see a weird looking fish though. It seemed to be all white, and the first thing to came to mind was that it looked like a big gold fish.

Any ideas what it could have been?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Had a good evening of fishing. Caught about 12 bass. The biggest ones were about 1.5 pounds. I did see a weird looking fish though. It seemed to be all white, and the first thing to came to mind was that it looked like a big gold fish.

Any ideas what it could have been?

Carp/white koi

th

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Another good fish this evening. Caught 4 in all, this was the best of them. Apologies for the goofy selfie (my son wasn't around to take the pic, as he was catfishing at the creek near our house), but I can't always see the screen well with the glare, and try to get the fish back in the water fairly quick. Changed up my spinner bait color with good results. This one about took the rod out of my hands.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I went the other day and caught 7 catfish ,all eating size but forgot my stringer, 5 drum and 2 suckers. Didn't have to wait even five minutes between casts. Then went the next day and didn't even get a bite. I talked to some other guys and none of them were having any luck either. But it was still fun to be outdoors.

Top Bottom