• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    All I know is I grew up when the shows Spencer for Hire and Miami Vice were instrumental in my firearms dreams. Avery Brooks character Hawk carried a huge colt python with specially tailored suits to hide it. And Sonny Crockett carried a Bren 10.
    So my first gun was a long barrel 357. I had 45s and 9s loved the fights between the die hards, but always wanted the intermediate 40 as characterized by Sonny Crocket's Bren 10. More capacity and velocity than the 45s more mass and diameter than the 9s. Glock 23 is my perfect compromise.
    357 and 40 are still my favorites.

OutdoorsGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2017
    Greenwood
    I never cared much about handguns until recently. I grew up with only rifles and shotguns. The Navy used a 45 and I thought it was okay. I bought a 9MM and sold it within a year since I didn't really care for it. Later I bought a Beretta PX4 S&W 40. It's bulky but it's a blast to shoot. I bought my wife a .380. Recently I decided to give 9MM another shot and bought a Ruger SD9C. I love it!!! It's easier to carry than my 40 and more accurate on the range. I also have a .357 that's just fun to play with anywhere.

9MM
    40 S&W
    .380 (wife's gun)

Bottom line if I had to pick one I simply couldn't let go of my 40.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    9mm...40...45...38...357...all are capable rounds, but what do you prefer to shoot?

Having grown up with .357's the 9mm round just feels 'soft' to me when I shoot it. For a while I carried a G-23 in .40...I preferred the 165 grain round as I shot that more accurately than I did 180 grain for some reason.

Personally, I prefer a .45 acp round as I like the way it 'pushes' vs 'snaps' like a 9mm round....I prefer the 185 grain JHP's in the .45 caliber.

When I carry a revolver (on the farm, a 5-shot revolver tends to be sufficient) it's an SP101 in .357 magnum...keepin' it simple.

Top Bottom