• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I am curious to hear why people like Glocks. I know that there are a lot of fans out there. I kind of feel like I need to give one a chance, but the few that I have picked up never really felt right for me.

I am curious to hear what all of the pluses are for them?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I could say because it's a simple reliable platform that will withstand a ton of abuse and keep on ticking.

But the reason I carry a glock and own about 15 other handguns (including 1911's) is simply because it is the handgun I shoot the best. I grew up on 1911's and Im pretty good with them. But the Glock is the first plastic gun I shot. And you know what? I shot it so well I adopted it as my carry gun and been carrying it for years.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Oh man there are several reasons, in no particular order:
    1-very mechanically reliable, easy to fix, cheap parts
    2- finish is very robust, rust proof, very corrosion resistant, weather proof
    3-low overall weight vs round capcity
    4-polymer***,,have you ever grabbed an all steel gun after being out in the cold for hours?
    5-consistant trigger shot to shot
    6-very simple manual of arms, easy to get into action (first shot)
    7-accurate enough for social work

I like all different kinds of guns, but I keep coming back to glock because nothing I have found does all of the above any better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Ohio
    I am curious to hear why people like Glocks. I know that there are a lot of fans out there. I kind of feel like I need to give one a chance, but the few that I have picked up never really felt right for me.

I am curious to hear what all of the pluses are for them?

If you shoot one, you will find that they have a great trigger pull.

JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    I bought one, after shooting one. I have owned 7 1911's, and could instantly shoot the glock better. I suggest going to a range and renting several, buy the one you can shoot the best. Its all about you! Which one fits your hand the best, which one points for you.

I shoot a GL21 .45ACP, love the big bore. I have real close to 10,000 230gr lead round nose thru it. No leading, no problems at all. But my 1911's did the same thing.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I used to feel the same way until I was offered an amazing deal on a like new G27. I decided to buy it and I like it. I'm not a Glock snob though because I love my Berettas but the Glock is a quality no-nonsense gun that works very well. They have zero personality but for a reliable easy to use gun they're hard to beat. I do like the fact that I can drop in a conversion barrel for about $100 and turn my .40 into a 9mm for cheaper ammo.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    I compare them to driving a honda civic, not cool, boringly reliable, no soul.
    Other hand guns are more like sports cars, beautiful, fast, and high maintenance.
    I resisted Glock for years but finally gave in, and the trigger is really fast with a short reset.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If it didn't fell right, then try an M&P or XDm.

This coming from a Glock guy that's been trying an M&P for the last year.

Of course, my son is happy, because he knows it is going to him...

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I used to feel the same way until I was offered an amazing deal on a like new G27. I decided to buy it and I like it. I'm not a Glock snob though because I love my Berettas but the Glock is a quality no-nonsense gun that works very well. They have zero personality but for a reliable easy to use gun they're hard to beat. I do like the fact that I can drop in a conversion barrel for about $100 and turn my .40 into a 9mm for cheaper ammo.

a pocket glock is hardly representative of the family. they had to MASSIVELY change the design to fit the -subcompact- form.
    instead of -baby glock- i call it the -bastard glock-

even my compacts can't hold a candle to the feel and fit of my fullsize glocks. there's something very very natural about a properly fitting glock, the phrase -extension of your body- comes in to play.

25mux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    I like my Glocks because they are just ridiculously simple. Simple to shoot, simple to clean, and to me, seems to fit my hand the best.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Oh man there are several reasons, in no particular order:
    1-very mechanically reliable, easy to fix, cheap parts
    2- finish is very robust, rust proof, very corrosion resistant, weather proof
    3-low overall weight vs round capcity
    4-polymer***,,have you ever grabbed an all steel gun after being out in the cold for hours?
    5-consistant trigger shot to shot
    6-very simple manual of arms, easy to get into action (first shot)
    7-accurate enough for social work

I like all different kinds of guns, but I keep coming back to glock because nothing I have found does all of the above any better.

:yesway: OP, this is all the answer you need!

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    All the reasons stated earlier so I won't repeat.

I have 2 and love them. I shoot my Sig 220 very well, but my G21 is even better. I also bought a 17 because 9 is less expensive to shoot and I like it too. All of the major brands are good, but for me I choose Glock.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Light, accurate, simple. Mags from my 19 fit in my 26. I have a 1911, it weighs about a pound more than my Glock 19.

jlgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    Clarksville
    well for me at least its the fact when i pick up the gun its like an extension of my hand. where i point a hole appears. and the other is after carrying all day its like its not there. but after carrying a 92 for 20 years a brick would be light...

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have 3 of them. G19, 20SF and 21. I absolutely love them. I'm not 100% accurate with the 20/21 yet (not even fired the 20) but I'm getting better. But the 19 is a great gun. They ALWAYS fire and feed. Never had 1 problem with them.

Top Bottom