• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Why are all of these people calling about people with guns on college campuses? First, someone at IUPUI calls in a false alarm about a man with a gun. Today, someone at the University of Arizona called in a false alarm about a man on campus with a gun. Let's charge these people like we would anyone else filing a false report and lying to officers. They do it because we let them get away with it. Start charging them with this stuff and all of a sudden it stops.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I think Aurora got people on edge, Sandy Hook and the subsequent blasting of its exposure in the media ratcheted up tensions in society, and then you had the near-massacre at UCF to really send people over the cliff. If you've noticed, ever since the UCF incident there have been two false reports of gunmen on college campuses.

People are freaked out, and the media sensationalism is feeding the panic we're seeing now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is my opinion that the lefty's and idiots on campus think it is a game to waste LEO's time on a mass scale. If we had the ability to track the tweet's or what ever they are using it is really a game.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    BUMP!!!!

Two reported instances of "colleges on lockdown after gunman reported on campus."

Tarrant County College is on lockdown following a report of a gunman on campus, believed to be in connection with a police search for a burglar nearby.

Tarrant County College in Texas on lockdown after reports of gunman on campus | Fox News

Another earlier, from Wisconsin, where Carroll University was on lockdown when a 50-something white male was spotted on campus carrying a firearm.

Lockdown at Carroll University is lifted after reports of gunman on campus; suspect in custody | Fox News

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Because everyone with a gun is going to do bad things with it. :n00b:

This is what the media and other anti-gun people want. Anyone who is seen with a firearm should be regarded as a criminal out to do bad things or a mentally unstable person on the verge of snapping and shooting everything in sight. The masses are terrified at the talk of a gun somewhere, just imagine what happens when the actually see one. Societies' irrational fear of firearms will do more harm to gun rights than anything proposed in Washington.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I think Aurora got people on edge, Sandy Hook and the subsequent blasting of its exposure in the media ratcheted up tensions in society, and then you had the near-massacre at UCF to really send people over the cliff. If you've noticed, ever since the UCF incident there have been two false reports of gunmen on college campuses.

People are freaked out, and the media sensationalism is feeding the panic we're seeing now.

Bingo. People are very, very jumpy.

What would have obviously been a golf club or pipe a couple years ago, now suddenly looks like a firearm.

The power of suggestion at work.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    A friend of mine in New Hampshire posted a local news story on Facebook a few months back. A man was driving his car when his (empty) roof rack slid off his car. He went to get it and, as he was walking back to the car, cops stopped him and said they had received reports of a man with a gun.

I'll repeat that. He was carrying a car's roof rack. Perception is reality. If you believe everything is a gun, then that's what you'll see.

I know that, if I see someone carrying a long gun around a public area, I won't stop him or call the cops but you better be damn sure I'm going to keep a watchful eye out. There's a difference between being jumpy and being overly trusting.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Now, after the Boston Marathon bombing, you will probably hear of people calling in about a suspicious package or backpack sitting unattended in an airport or mall or in a store. Also, watch for calls about someone wearing a hoodie and carrying a backpack.

Top Bottom