Why all this TSA outrage all of a sudden?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    More people are noticing these things happen. Do I want to felt up by another guy? I think not. I should be use to giving up most of my rights. Part of my job is to drive a CMV. With that comes inspections. Most police can stop me and ask for paperwork and inspect/search my vehicle on the declaration that they are looking out for my well being. That industry is so heavly regulated that I have to account for every 15 minutes of my life in a log book stating where I was if I was working and when I was not working as long as I have that license. They overregulated the trucking industry, now the airlines, then who's next.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I guess you missed the part about full body scanners and full body searches if you decline. These are recent developments. Before that they simply took all your hygine products and were incompetent. Now they're digitally strip searching us.

people are now viewing it as a violation.

1290108076399.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Possible New TSA slogans

You can't see London , you can't see France , unless we see your underpants.

Grope discounts are available.

If we did our job any better we'd have to buy you dinner first and promise to call you later.

Only we know if Lady Gaga is really a lady.

Don't worry Fella, my hands are still warm from the last guy.

Throw a few back at the airport Chili's and you probably won't even notice.

If You Wanna fly,Don't ask why, Just Drop your fly.

We've handled more balls than Yogi Berri and Barney Frank combined.

We are now free to move about your pants

We rub you the wrong way, so you can be on your way.

It's not a grope. It's a FREEDOM PAT.

When in doubt, we make you whip it out.

TSA: Touchin', Squeezin', Arrestin'

You WERE a virgin.

We handle more packages daily than USPS

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I seem to remember that before 10 years ago the TSA didn't exist. I think that we should go back to that model. A congressman from florida Rep. John Mica R-Fla, is urging airports to opt out of using the TSA. Several are aleady not using them, including San Francisco. SF sited concerns about flexibility of scheduling with unionized .gov workers as their reasoning, but who cares. TSA wants to tout no terrorist takeovers since they have been on the job? Well there have been no terrorist takeovers from SF since they have been on the job either. If private security was so much worse than the TSA, terrorists should have flocked to the more lightly defended SF airport to stage their missions. Just sayin. Our path of least resistance is to get our local airports to replace the TSA with private security. Even force them to with lawsuits naming them as a defendant in knowingly allowing people to be assulted in their facility.

And for Gabriel, you are correct that flying and driving are not rights, but the ability to freely travel is a right. The .gov has overstepped their bounds in making us trade our essential liberty for a little security.

PeaShooter

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Possible New TSA slogans...
    How about:
    "Our rubber gloves are ribbed for your pleasure."

And for Gabriel, you are correct that flying and driving are not rights, but the ability to freely travel is a right. The .gov has overstepped their bounds in making us trade our essential liberty for a little security.
    You hit the nail on the head, PeaShooter.

For those of you who are like the average American, and takes one air trip every two years, it's very easy to say, "Well, I'll just stop flying.", and let a bloated, thuggish, government bureaucracy push you around. But there is a significant number of people whose jobs depend on them being in multiple cities every week. Cars, trains and buses are not an option. Do you seriously propose that a government agency should be allowed to take away the civil liberties of these individuals? Take away their livlihood?

If you're the kind of self-centered person who says, "Why not? It doesn't affect me.", then remember one thing: If you don't protect the liberty of other free men from being taken away by a tyrannical govenment, then who's going to be there to protect it when they come to take it from you?

Why all this TSA outrage all of the sudden? Because the people are waking up to how ineffective and untrustworthy government really is (one thing we CAN be grateful to Obama for). Before, the TSA said, "We do all this to make you safer.", and people let them do whatever they wanted. Now the people don't believe they're making us safer, and do believe they may have other motives. Why would the TSA stop a man who's LEAVING the airport? He's certainly not going to hijack an aiplane from the long-term parking lot.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    If you're the kind of self-centered person who says, "Why not? It doesn't affect me.", then remember one thing: If you don't protect the liberty of other free men from being taken away by a tyrannical govenment, then who's going to be there to protect it when they come to take it from you?
    That's the part people don't get.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    How about:
    "Our rubber gloves are ribbed for your pleasure."

You hit the nail on the head, PeaShooter.

For those of you who are like the average American, and takes one air trip every two years, it's very easy to say, "Well, I'll just stop flying.", and let a bloated, thuggish, government bureaucracy push you around. But there is a significant number of people whose jobs depend on them being in multiple cities every week. Cars, trains and buses are not an option. Do you seriously propose that a government agency should be allowed to take away the civil liberties of these individuals? Take away their livlihood?

Why all this TSA outrage all of the sudden? Because the people are waking up to how ineffective and untrustworthy government really is (one thing we CAN be grateful to Obama for). Before, the TSA said, "We do all this to make you safer.", and people let them do whatever they wanted. Now the people don't believe they're making us safer, and do believe they may have other motives. Why would the TSA stop a man who's LEAVING the airport? He's certainly not going to hijack an aiplane from the long-term parking lot.

Agreed. However, what action caused the downfall of systemic racism in the South? The one year boycott of the Birmingham bus system. Do you think those people had it easy walking rather than riding the buses? Do you think if they would have given up the government would have unilaterally said OK, we'll play nice now? No. Commitment is the only way to accomplish a goal.

Sometimes you have to tell your government no and mean it. Freedom's not free. The only way to prove you mean it is to refuse to submit. With enough pain, with enough sacrafice, we can win. Or we can go get naked pictures taken of us and felt up.

Me? I'll stand for liberty.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I would not feel any less safe if people were permitted to carry handguns on domestic flights as long as they had a LTCH or other state equivalent.

The body scanner seems a bit over the top, but I could really not care any less. If they want to check out my delicious man curves, they are welcome to...

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Wow. That is backwards. How about if they start instituting these rules before you can drive or take a ship? Would you object then and why? Do you have a right to drive or take a ship? It isn't about a right to fly at all. It is about the 4th amendment and unreasonable searches without a warrant.

It's the kind of remark we have come to expect from certain members here. :noway:

It's a 4th Amendment issue and a right to travel issue. It's really not that difficult if you think about it.

Top Bottom