Why are some law-enforcement against the Second Amendment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    No, none of the law enforcement here said anything about questioning our motives. If you can provide where one of the INGO cops did, please do so. If you can tell me exactly what my motives are, please do so. You don't know anything about me or how I operate, so don't take the liberty of assuming that I agree with any anti-2A sentiment expressed by any other cop in this country. Before you go running off at the mouth (or keyboard) about how bad you feel the INGO cops are, perhaps you should do a little research on how we really are. You aren't doing yourself any favors by making blanket assumptions and statements about us just because we're cops.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I never said any cop at INGO.

DaveM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I didn't go through the whole thread, but there are probably several reasons for police agencies to be against it. For one thing, try being an officer in the last 5 years. People have become militant in attitude and actions. When something goes wrong or someone has a message they don't feel is being paid attention to enough for them personally, riots break out. Instead of "We shall overcome", it's "We shall start throwing things at cops, burning cars and torching buildings. Oh, and if we pass by the house of someone who has absolutely nothing to do with our issues, we'll attack the occupants and loot the place because reasons."

Even gun owners are doing stupid crap like that guy with the AK in the police station. Police basically get baited into situations these days and a lot of them don't particularly feel warm and fuzzy at the sight of guns strapped to what they may see as the next rioter. I'm not saying they should feel that way, but I can't say I wouldn't if I were patrolling.

Also, you have to face it, a lot of these agencies are just like unions in other businesses. They are political, they throw money at certain parties and get favors for having the "right view" on any number of things. Politics is in everything now, police aren't immune to it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    As the Constitution is the law of the land, it is the ONLY viewpoint that carry`s any weight.

Thank you for the refresher course on the structure of the US government, as set up by the founding fathers.

Legislative branch - Makes the law
    Executive branch - Enforces the law
    Internet forum branch - Interprets the law

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Please clarify what you mean by "here" and "they."

For what it's worth, I read it: "as expected, there are those here (on INGO) who feel we shouldn't even question their motives (the motives of law enforcement), they (the police) are law enforcement after all", saying that some folks on INGO do not approve of questioning the motives of law enforcement.

Now that you mention it, I can see how it could be read as claiming that some of the cops on here are telling people to stop questioning cops, but I did not read it that way.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    For what it's worth, I read it: "as expected, there are those here (on INGO) who feel we shouldn't even question their motives (the motives of law enforcement), they (the police) are law enforcement after all", saying that some folks on INGO do not approve of questioning the motives of law enforcement.

Now that you mention it, I can see how it could be read as claiming that some of the cops on here are telling people to stop questioning cops, but I did not read it that way.
    I guess we'll see how the quotee explains it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wouldn't put much stock in it, as his argument "Shall not be infringed" doesn't include his 18 y.o. (ADULT) son being able to carry until dear ole'dad approves of his maturity?

I think pretty much everyone agrees that the 2nd Amendment, inherently, allows for some limitations on keeping and bearing arms. We just disagree on what the limitations can be.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Top Bottom