• Agree It was stupid or disagree?

• Total voters

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I only buy used cars & only pay cash for them. I could not believe some of the cars that were being traded in. If you truly wanted to get rid of old cars sell those so called clunkers for a $1000 to people & get the real clunkers off the road.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Just think, even if you didn't buy a new car you still paid for it. How much did it cost you, the taxpayer? How much money went into this program? What did you get out of it? How much money is saved in fuel costs and pollution control? Black vs. Red.....yea, the whole program is in the red IMO. It was a crap deal.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I work for a company that makes automotive parts for the auto makers. While the cash for clunkers program wasn't a good deal for most...it did put me (and a lot of others) back to work. Which was good for my family, my town, state....so it did have some redeeming value.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Best thing about cash for clunkers is, that it got rid of all those obama stickers:D
    I wish! I have to see one of them almost daily, across the street from us. The car also has a handicap license plate, and the driver is a middle age man that doesn't appear handicapped at all- except for the Obama love!

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I laugh at the term 'Cash for Clunkers'. Most of those cars were anything but clunkers. They're only sin was that they burned more fuel than the bureaucrats determined to be allowed. This was a 'Cash for Gas Guzzlers' program. If it was truly a 'Cash for Clunkers' program, then all of the 20+ year old civics, corollas, cavaliers, etc... spewing blue smoke would have been eligible for trade in.

Bad government, BAD! <Thump .gov on the nose>

Top Bottom