half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    OP, great article.

Not such a great defense of it.

Just let the article do the talking and try to come off less hostile, you aren't exactly making your opposition work too hard to gain the moral high ground with such creatively crafted sentences as, "I HOPE all the KNOW IT ALLS VS. LEO"S will read it and shut their pie holes."

I even align myself with you philosophically on this one, and I can't wait for the grammar purists from the other side to come on over and rip your post to shreds. Just my :twocents:

:popcorn:

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Having been raised by a career LEO, 35 years total service to the public, his experiences matched with mine as his son differ. I remember my father telling me how a LEO's protective posture must never waiver, but he never once told me it dictated his attitude toward the public. Matter of fact, I've had people approach me and ask, "Hey are you Officer so and so's son? He saved my life, he treated me with dignity and respect while arresting me. He changed my attitude toward police.". Does this daily life CHOSEN by said LEO's give them the right to be pricks? No, they make that choice themselves, it isn't forced upon them. They determine their own attitude by their own outlook on what they do.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Having been raised by a career LEO, 35 years total service to the public, his experiences matched with mine as his son differ. I remember my father telling me how a LEO's protective posture must never waiver, but he never once told me it dictated his attitude toward the public. Matter of fact, I've had people approach me and ask, "Hey are you Officer so and so's son? He saved my life, he treated me with dignity and respect while arresting me. He changed my attitude toward police.". Does this daily life CHOSEN by said LEO's give them the right to be pricks? No, they make that choice themselves, it isn't forced upon them. They determine their own attitude by their own outlook on what they do.

:yesway:

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood

Your 100% right, attitude is a choice, just like a diet, you are the sum of what you do daily. The OP is not a directive on how to live, but is a small example of how people might get a harsh response from LEO.

Rep inbound.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I've never been anti-police (In fact I used to give to the FOP until I found out they support the AWB) So I hope you will not take this the wrong way:

A reason is not an excuse. Everybody deals with ****. How you treat other people is your choice.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    OP, great article.

Not such a great defense of it.

Just let the article do the talking and try to come off less hostile, you aren't exactly making your opposition work too hard to gain the moral high ground with such creatively crafted sentences as, "I HOPE all the KNOW IT ALLS VS. LEO"S will read it and shut their pie holes."

I even align myself with you philosophically on this one, and I can't wait for the grammar purists from the other side to come on over and rip your post to shreds. Just my :twocents:

:popcorn:

FOR THE RECORD: I 100 % don't care about taking some cheap shots, I know where I stand. I live a life supporting the police (and no they are not 100% right, but they are right more than 51% or higher) so I don't care if an uncles, brothers, cousin got in a cops face and told him off. I still stand with the COPS, the odds are with me.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I've never been anti-police (In fact I used to give to the FOP until I found out they support the AWB) So I hope you will not take this the wrong way:

A reason is not an excuse. Everybody deals with ****. How you treat other people is your choice.

No harm, I fully understand this point of view and AGREE.:yesway:

Top Bottom