• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    The better question is "why would you pick a XD over a Glock"
    Ive had both, and still have my Glocks. Nothing wrong with the XD, I just wanted to carry the most reliable poly gun in the world. I really think the XD was a little bit more accurate.

trpsteelnuts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    My cousin in Croatia was one of the designers of the XD, he worked on the grip/back strap, and he stated that they took the best elements of all the best handguns on the market and made the XD. Sounds like a winning formula. They are nice guns, but I still own 3 Glocks.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I bought a Glock 19 for $300 but didn't like the way it carried. I traded it for an XD 9 and didn't like the way it carried or the high "bore axes". While I loved the way both guns shot, they were way too wide/big for me to comfortably carry. I settled on a Ruger SR9c and am very pleased with my choice. I would have another Glock or Xd but only for range use.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but.. you could really feel a difference with such a slight difference in widths?

The grip width on the Ruger is 1.18in and the slide width is 0.92in
    .... the grip width on the XD is 1.2in .and the slide width is 1.1in.

I am just curious because, while I have never shot the Ruger, I have compared it side to side with the XD and didnt feel much difference myself.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Like many others have said, I preferred the feel and hand fit of the XD over the Glock. Tried several of each (friends at range) before I went with the XD. I did add some of the stippled rubber grip decals (Traction Grips)...these really help with sweaty hands.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Have shot Glocks and like them but the XD feels better in my hand. I have an XDSC9 that I had customized by Springfield. I can't imagine I could ever give it up.

Top Bottom