Why didnt the LEO just write a noise citation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    on my way up to lafayette from the eastside i went into the speedway right there at i465 and u.s. 52 and when i walked in the store here was a car parked right infront with the window and engine running and that urban music that has all that cussing and talking also known as rap was turned up so you couls hear it from the farthest pump. well after i prepaid for my gasand walked out of the store the car was still sitting there running and that god awful noise coming out of the speakers. when i get to my truck i notice an leo walk out of the store and stop by the car and looked around and noticed obviously the owner was nowhere in sight. so the leo opens the car and turns the music down. why didnt he just wright a citation for noise instead of going into the car and possibly having some legal issues. personally i wanted to turn the volume down my self.

this thread isnt here to start bad mouthin leo's so wtch what you say

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I guess that he did what some didn't have the balls or the where with all to do :rockwoot: Unless things have changed for the citation to hold up in court decibel reading would be needed and an ordinance with teeth and a judge to enforce it. Looks like he did the common sense thing maybe not the entirely legal thing but :yesway: for the LEO :patriot:

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont see anything wrong with that.
    A ticket wouldn't turn the volume down.

I would have done the same thing, LEO or not.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    + 1 for the PO.
    The rapper was lucky it wasn't me.
    I'd have pulled the keys, thrown them on the floor and locked the door.
    (not really but I would have thought about it)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    He solved the problem without having to write a ticket to the guy, that's a good solution. I would advise people against entering another person's vehicle though, as satisfying as it would seem.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    sorry for any bad spelling i was up in lafayette and typed this thread on my cell phone (NO NOT WHILE I WAS DRIVING)

jcharrison05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Richmond
    +1 to the leo I cant stand when people do this and they are usually parked in a handicap or sideways. Im sure the leo got his point across and saved himself the paperwork.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    These responses surpirise me. They must be because the music was rap. If this was a vehicle an INGOer was driving and the LEO turned down some gospel music, you'd all be ready to lynch him.

Nope, turn down that crap when you are in earshot, I don't care what it is.
    I have a "loud" system in my truck, it gets turned down in neighborhoods
    or at the drive thru, convenience store, getting gas etc.
    Open road I rock it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    +1
    I understand the paperwork deterrent.
    Sometimes I feel like urinating on the radio and then locking the doors and super glue'n the locks on those inconsiderate people.
    No worries. I seldom drink that much anymore. The attitude remains but the common sense over rules my impulses as I get older.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If this was a vehicle an INGOer was driving and the LEO turned down some gospel music, you'd all be ready to lynch him.

Ummm, what kind of gospel music?:D:laugh:

Rap is the retro virus of music but that's no reason for the officer not to keep the peace instead of "enforce the law."

slyton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Albany
    +1 for him. I know I would love to just reach in and turn down the music. But don;t I have to worry about the owner causing a fit over me being "in" the car and "Stealing" something?

Top Bottom