Why do gun manufacturers stay in states that are anti gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I’ve thought the same thing for awhile now, but figured moving costs and having to train new employees definitely are most likely the deciding factors. Never thought about having to find new sources for shop supplies like someone mentioned. I hate having to move myself or friends, can’t imagine the headache of trying to move a factory full of equipment.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    I have said for years, there needs to be serious development at I-74 and State Line, I-64 and State line, and somewhere in the Lake Village/Morocco area. Market heavy to IL businesses, pull in the Business dollars, as a lot of their workforce has already left IL for Indiana anyway, and your employee morale will go through the roof around tax season... (I know, I work in IL and live in IN...The tax situation stinks)

Jabberwocky

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Muncie
    Remaining an and paying taxes is seemingly approval of the policies.
    We've become accustom to comfort and abhor hardship. Who wouldn't?
    The saying." Hard times make strong men, strong men make good times, good times make weak men, weak men make hard times."
    Pretty obvious where we are in that spectrum.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It would be great for our state if old manufacturing cities like Muncie, Anderson, Marion, and even Kokomo were destinations for many of these companies.

M

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    I agree that it would be costly to move you gun business to another state. but these companies are literally supporting these anti-gun states monetarily by staying there. Do whatever it takes to get out.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I think a better question would be why are you buying a gun from company in a anti-gun state? Really, why? If the argument is because of money we can play a role in this and buy elsewhere. Why aren't you!

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I don't know about Marion and Kokomo, but Muncie and Anderson could both use the businesses. Not sure the knowhow is around here anymore though.

It would be great for our state if old manufacturing cities like Muncie, Anderson, Marion, and even Kokomo were destinations for many of these companies.

M

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Kahr Arms moved to Pennsylvania within the last couple of years. I don't recall if they started in Massachusetts of Connecticut.

Top Bottom