• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was in Midwest Mishawaka today. I bet I was asked 8 different times if they could help me. It was a bit much for me, but they must've had 20 different people working today.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I live near Indy and will only shop local (will not even set foot in a shop that is not local to avoid any hassles) and we have several great ones to chose from. Is every trip just honey suckle wonderful, no, but I'm not either all the time. Fact is no one is and I think it's stupid to mark off a store because of ONE bad experience. IMO
    Good point!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Today started out well...went over to Staples to make copies of my LTCH and have them laminted. Seemed like it LTCH day there because there was another person there doing the same thing.

Then I went to Midwest Gun Exchange to look for a holster for my SAR. Let's just say that was a mistake I was pretty much ignored. So I left because I decided they just didn't want the cash I was planning on spending there. I will be going to either Top Shot Armory or Kodiak from now on.

First of all, Midwest doesn't have holsters for a SAR, unless you want a cheap Uncle Mike's, and those get picked over fairly quickly, so they may not have those in stock. Second, did you ask someone for help? MOST (not all) of the guys there are good at greeting every customer who walks in the door. The days when you might have a different experience are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Was it busy in there when you went? You can't expect a salesman to walk away from a customer that they are already helping to focus on your needs.

By the way, I work full time at Midwest. I would be happy to help you out any time that I am there (every day except Thursday and Sunday). Come in and ask for Ryan and give me the special INGO handshake.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Everytime I go in to Top Guns in Terre Haute I have no less than 3 people ask me if I need anything. Of course I am biased...Ive bought somewhere near 6 guns in there and had 8 transferred to me thru them. So they know me by name. Im kinda famous. :cool:

mulksman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    North of the Fort
    Time to drive a little and check out ZX Gun in Goshen.

Nothing but great experiences and excellent customer service at their Fort Wayne location as well. Prices seem to be the best around. After other not so great experiences at other stores, ZX Guns has earned by business and loyalty!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I was in Midwest Mishawaka today. I bet I was asked 8 different times if they could help me. It was a bit much for me, but they must've had 20 different people working today.

You must look like money. Honestly I have had the same problem there as the OP. It is almost equal frustration level for me to go there, the Benton Harbor McDonalds, or the Secretary of Sate office. Every time I swear it will be my last.

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Another vote for Midwest, my family has been buying there since ther were in the 100 center years ago. We always find them friendly and with no pressure

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    That isnt the one where we come in and yell "whats up daddy-o while turned around and shaking our hips left to righ rapidly"...is it? :laugh:

No, it's the one where we fall to the ground and Indian leg wrestle while grabbing each other's... wait... that was a different secret club handshake.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The owner of D&G Gunshop in Bright, IN. will ignore you too. Even if it is just you and him in there, he will act like you don't exist and then act like you are bothering him if you ask a question.

Top Bottom