• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I learn something almost every time I get on INGO. I consider myself a collector but you guys are the masters. I didn't even know Mosin-Nagants were used in the Spanish Civil War until now.

A nice little article on Weapons of the Spanish Civil War.. the only thing wrong with it is that it neglects the Spanish arms used which was massive and deverse..

I would love to read the story of the Logistics officers trying to keep the ammo going to the correct guns..

spanishcivilwar1

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Logistics would have been a nightmare. Stalin sent captured weapons of all calibers to Spain before sending freshly made 91/30s. The "Republicans" were the Soviet client and the Nationalists were the Nazi client. Some of my favorite SCW weapons are the Mosin 91s and Astra style pistols manufactured by the Republicans in Catalonia (astras). Oh and don't forget the 91/30 1936 Simonov trials rifles.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    A nice little article on Weapons of the Spanish Civil War.. the only thing wrong with it is that it neglects the Spanish arms used which was massive and deverse..

I would love to read the story of the Logistics officers trying to keep the ammo going to the correct guns..

spanishcivilwar1

That is a very interesting article. Thanks for posting it. Agreed that it had to be a logistics nightmare to keep all those different rifles fed. Geez, even Mexico was sending rifles to Spain.

I really have to wonder if there was a favored model and caliber by the troops with such a wide assortment available.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Logistics would have been a nightmare. Stalin sent captured weapons of all calibers to Spain before sending freshly made 91/30s. The "Republicans" were the Soviet client and the Nationalists were the Nazi client. Some of my favorite SCW weapons are the Mosin 91s and Astra style pistols manufactured by the Republicans in Catalonia (astras). Oh and don't forget the 91/30 1936 Simonov trials rifles.

God I love the arms produced by the Republicans .. Messed up on a mauser marked "Subsecretaria de Armamento" and to this day I curse my cheapness..

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes I visited today. It was awesome!

He has a lot of interesting stuff!

He needs a scotch and cigar bar in there. For sitting, talking, and eyeing the guns.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    In related news Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead....:)

[video=youtube;axByUFSa7N8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axByUFSa7N8[/video]

Gosh I loved when Saturday Night Live was funny.. When Chevy Chase and Garret Morris did their news for the hard of hearing it would break me up each time.. Not to mention Chevy getting caught talking to his Girl Friend on the phone...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Yes I visited today. It was awesome!

He has a lot of interesting stuff!

He needs a scotch and cigar bar in there. For sitting, talking, and eyeing the guns.

Don't know about scotch, but get him started with bourbon.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Don't know about scotch, but get him started with bourbon.

It's spinach to my Popeye....:)

594bf17317a33_bourbonmeme1.jpg.98a42a3b814fb9817cf995878193dd28.jpg

what-am-i-sawktj.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Yes. The Spanish were known for doing this. And with the 1937 date it is a strong candidate. The cleaning rod looks odd too. That is another SCW clue. Please put up pictures of the rest of the rifle.

Long Week finally got the Photos..

nopasaran.jpg

2cpetko.jpg

6hql1c.jpg

24e0tbl.jpg

2mmhe86.jpg

bdjn61.jpg

1326875-republican-propaganda-poster-from-the-outbreak-of-the-spanish-civil-war-in-july-1936.jpeg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Nice rifle indy! As for that last poster, "Justica Social"... Social Justice warriors sure look a lot different today.

images

I do deeply regret that you took this manly, enlightening thread in this direction,, there was not need of that.. But to be honest I do not think your warriors have the correct hats on...

RinaldiMarch03[1][1].jpg

Or the correct Uniforms & attitudes

Screen-Shot-2017-01-23-at-4.45.59-PM.png

wp-1485320340465.jpg

Top Bottom