Why do people go to a $10 Chinese buffet and...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I’ve always wondered that myself. I try to get “Chinese” food when I go to a Chinese Buffet.

I’ve never had good experiences with the crab legs found at most Chinese buffet locations. I’d rather eat crab at a sea food restaurant.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I always have to fight other people for the crab legs and they never keep them coming out fast enough.

Id rather just go to the ones where they cook it in front of you. we like one in greenwood that also has a sushi bar. there is one in beech grove thats a rip off and doesnt taste as good either.
    or if im wanting crab or lobster we go to red lobster. we should have a booth there with our names on it as much as we go.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Myself, I'd like to to keep the prices down. I think the idea is that you get a few to go along with the rest of your meal.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My inlaws can't go to a Texas roadhouse without having the waitress bring out at least 3 roles a person. Then they take most of them home. Again, the idea is that you enjoy a role or two with your meal. That's why they usually bring 1 per person.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I like fresh oysters but it seems like no one has them since the gulf oil spill.

I know how you feel about Carmel, but there is a new place called Zhu-Lan. For dinner it's like $20 all you can eat with a drink. They have crab legs, sushi, fresh oysters, among other delicious items:):

Come to carmel and make a day of it. Zacky's Dogs for lunch and Zhu-Lan for dinner:D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I know how you feel about Carmel, but there is a new place called Zhu-Lan. For dinner it's like $20 all you can eat with a drink. They have crab legs, sushi, fresh oysters, among other delicious items:):

Come to carmel and make a day of it. Zacky's Dogs for lunch and Zhu-Lan for dinner:D

I might just have to sell my soul for some good food one day :D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    My inlaws can't go to a Texas roadhouse without having the waitress bring out at least 3 roles a person. Then they take most of them home. Again, the idea is that you enjoy a role or two with your meal. That's why they usually bring 1 per person.

not when they are making that much cash off me. Im gonna eat till im stuffed and still take some home. keep the rolls and drink flowing and it will = a very fair tip.

when we eat at a sitdown restaurant it always ends up costing us $60 to $100. me my wife and daughter. so im sure its not hurting them to hook me up with rolls and butter. my wife ALWAYS gets a take home bag of biscuits from red lobster for free.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Because they can...
    Personally I don't eat crab legs, and there are no doubt many others who don't eat 'em either.

I also don't care for Chinese food.
    So anytime I go to a Chinese Buffet, it's because the group I'm with is going there.
    So unless they also have some non-Chinese food, I won't be eating anything.

People who own Chinese buffets know there are people like me who don't care for Chinese food.
    So they offer non-Chinese food, because they have enough business sense to know that when a group of people are going to decide where to eat, they generally will decide on a place where everybody in the group can get something they like.

And if they ONLY offered a pure Chinese menu, they'd miss out on potential groups who would go somewhere else.

For example, the last time I ever ate in a pure Chinese restaurant, I ended up having a bowl of ice cream and a Coke... :-)

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

you can hit zhu-lan for lunch for $7.99

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    not when they are making that much cash off me. Im gonna eat till im stuffed and still take some home. keep the rolls and drink flowing and it will = a very fair tip.

when we eat at a sitdown restaurant it always ends up costing us $60 to $100. me my wife and daughter. so im sure its not hurting them to hook me up with rolls and butter. my wife ALWAYS gets a take home bag of biscuits from red lobster for free.

My inlaws order the cheapest steak on the menu and are lucky to leave a 5-10% tip.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think some people can't differentiate between complimentary and free. I was brought up that you never take advantage of a good thing.

Top Bottom