• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huzyerdaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Since I can legally own and carry in my car (per the restrictions), I will not show my LTCH. If that is a 'deal breaker', so be it, but it none of your business.

then, 'so be it'- but you are wrong to assume it's 'none of your business'- if a seller asks to see your LTCH, they are making it their business- that is their choice- not yours...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    then, 'so be it'- but you are wrong to assume it's 'none of your business'- if a seller asks to see your LTCH, they are attempting to making it their business- [STRIKE]that is their choice- not yours[/STRIKE]...

Fixed.

No, both parties have a choice.

A desire to see documents that aren't required does not make it one's business.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A desire to see documents that aren't required does not make it one's business.

Unless I ask for an intrepretative dance before I transfer the handgun to you. It is a requirement that you so perform. Pretty sure it's in the Indiana Code . . . in the back somewhere.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Since I can legally own and carry in my car (per the restrictions), I will not show my LTCH. If that is a 'deal breaker', so be it, but it none of your business.
    Deal breaker for me! Selling a gun without trying to protect your self is stupid. Cop spots you hand a guy a gun then he hands you cash and he turns out to be a felon. Guess what your both going to jail let the judge sort it out. However if he sees a little more interaction like ID being handed back and forth, he would have more reason to believe you.

Remember in todays world your guilty until proven innocent, how many ways can simply being charged with a felony screw up your life? Even if you do prove that you had no idea he was a felon the arrest will always be there haunting you.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Deal breaker for me! Selling a gun without trying to protect your self is stupid. Cop spots you hand a guy a gun then he hands you cash and he turns out to be a felon. Guess what your both going to jail let the judge sort it out. However if he sees a little more interaction like ID being handed back and forth, he would have more reason to believe you.

Remember in todays world your guilty until proven innocent, how many ways can simply being charged with a felony screw up your life? Even if you do prove that you had no idea he was a felon the arrest will always be there haunting you.
    If a cop sees you selling an unloaded gun to someone does he even have reasonable cause to check ID? What law was violated? Any cases on something of this nature? Anyone here have the answers to these questions?

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    If a cop sees you selling an unloaded gun to someone does he even have reasonable cause to check ID? What law was violated? Any cases on something of this nature? Anyone here have the answers to these questions?
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ion/195265-gun_sighting_in_bloomington-2.html

Three MCCSC schools take security measures after bus driver reports seeing gun exchange in the area: HeraldTimesOnline.com

If the police had found these guys you think they would have checked their ID?

I could set here all night posting YouTube videos and threads regarding police checking ID without probable cause.

Fact is felons know they can buy FTF without NICS check. What motive would a felon have to say YOU didn't know he was a felon. How quickly would a felon jump on a plea deal to testify in court that YOU knew he was a felon when you sold him the gun? If you accidentally sell to a felon you are putting your 2A rights in his hands, you better hope he don't think you over charged him for that gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

A cop does not have reason to ask for your LTCH if he see's you OC, but some ask anyway. In the case of an officer seeing an exchange in a parking lot, from the officer's perspective, all he see's is one person handing a firearm to another and money changing hands. He has no idea if it's loaded and he has no idea if it's legit. My guess is that he may very well ask.

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    The entire point to my understanding is to make sure you are felony free. If your LTCH is valid then it lets sellers know that you are legal to own firearms.:ingo:

isius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm happy to see this thread has gotten this much attention. It's a rough spot for me since I do not yet have a LTCH. This may be a deal breaker yet I'm lawfully entitled to posses. I understand the arguments. It's just potentially a raw deal for someone if one has to get a LTCH just to buy when they have no intention of carrying where a LTCH is required.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^ There are plenty that won't ask you for anything more than what is required by law.

I'd sell you something

...if I ever sold anything, that is. :D

Top Bottom