• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I carry because 6 years ago I made a vow before God that I would "Love, Honor, Cherish, and PROTECT" my wife. Now, a few years later with the addition of two small children, my sentiments are even stronger about making sure that I've done any/everything possible to ensure the safety of my family. I carry because I can't take care of my family if I don't make it home. I carry because bad things happen to good people. I carry because I cannot predict what will happen today or tomorrow. I carry because I am a law abiding citizen and it's my right to be able to protect myself.

chrisheacock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Great thread!

I carry because the right to bear arms carries a duty to bear them well. That duty to me means I am trained to implement my firearm if needed to protect myself, my family, or another innocent.

jmildoc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    South of Indy (in the woods)
    I carry because at one time in my life I had a gun put to my head and I was car jacked!! I saw it coming and there was nothing I could do about it, now I pay attention to my surroundings and am ready to defend myself and my family from people that do not care!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Because I am not a victim, and don't intend to become one.

I had an co-worker tell me once that she would just give her attacker what they wanted, and they would go away. I asked what would happen if the attacker wanted HER, her life, or her daughter. Her response? "I don't want to think about it!" My response "Some creep is thinking about it right now, and I'll be d@mned if they are laying a finger on me, my wife, or my child."

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Good answers. I always use this:

"I carry a gun for the same reasons I wear a seatbelt and have a fire extinguisher in my house."

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    "I am only one, but I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do something. And because I can not do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do I should do. And what I should do, by the Grace of God, I will do."

-Edward Everett Hale

And my signature line.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Usually I use the basics,

Cops are heavy
    or when seconds counts the cops are minutes away

Lately I say something along the lines of
    the first amendment allows you to voice your opinions of me carrying and the second amendment allows me to not give a crap what you say

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    When I get into my car, I don't expect to get into an accident. Yet, I put my seat belt on.... When I go out in public, I don't expect to be attacked. Yet, I carry my gun....

:+1: That is what I would (will) tell most people. For those that know me a bit better, most would understand. I was mugged a few years ago, and fought off my attackers. As a result, I had three teeth cracked, and the whole experience was very painful. I will not be made a victim again. More importantly, I will not let anyone around me be made into a victim either.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I carry because i will try my damndest to protect my girlfriend, my dog, and my family. And if i have time i guess saving my own skin isnt a bad idea.:ar15:

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    My philosphy has always been to expect the best in life only after you have prepared for the worst. I have never been disappointed thus far. I carry for my protection and the protection of others. Good shooting.

gtrlspl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    South Bend
    I have always thought it was my duty to protect myself and my family the best way I know how and carrying it that way. I have always liked the adage, "Guns are like condoms, it's better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it."

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry simply because the reasons to carry outnumber the reasons not to carry. To be honest, I can't really think of a good reason to not carry where as I can find reasons to carry all day long. If they push the issue, I'll start down the list of reasons to carry.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    When i do get my permit (any day now) i will say, That I work in many diffrent places, not just up scale neighborhoods changing tires for people to pretty to change there own tires. Not only well of people have membership with the company that I work for. I have thousands of dollars of equipment in my vehicle, sometimes I will go to 23rd and LaSalle last time i was there i heard 6 gunshots. If they want to look at me with a dumb founded look on there face Ill just tell them that i have every right to protect myself and my property at any means i feel necessary

That and my Gerber is useless against a gun:dunno:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    There are some really good answers in this thread.
    I would say that the founders of this country in the Declaration of independence, stated that we are born with the natural rights to life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This statement is enough for me , no document can give us these rights or take them away . We are Born with them. They then backed this up with the second amendment.
    Or I could say I'm too fat to run away

Top Bottom