Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I hate Glocks because:

They feel like turds

They look like turds

The percieved thinking that Glocks never fail, that's BS, I've seen them light strike, failure to feed, failure to eject, etc.

The percived "accuracy" (1 hole groups at 7 yards, it's 7 yards, shoot your gun at a distance that's actually a challenge)

They feel like turds

The thinking that since cops carry them they must be good, no...they carry them because way back in the day Glock basically gave guns to departments to get their name out there, and because Glocks well.....are idiot proof basically. No real external safeties to mess with, a lot of LEO out there are not gun people

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I hate Glocks because:

They feel like turds

They look like turds

The percieved thinking that Glocks never fail, that's BS, I've seen them light strike, failure to feed, failure to eject, etc.

The percived "accuracy" (1 hole groups at 7 yards, it's 7 yards, shoot your gun at a distance that's actually a challenge)

They feel like turds

The thinking that since cops carry them they must be good, no...they carry them because way back in the day Glock basically gave guns to departments to get their name out there, and because Glocks well.....are idiot proof basically. No real external safeties to mess with, a lot of LEO out there are not gun people

:):......They ain' fer everbody, dude.......kind'a like...?......Harley's.......an' ***y

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Man, OP, you must meet some pretty lame fanbois.

I love my Glocks. I also love my 1911. They each have their place. Just like you would probably not drive your corvette to go fishing down that dirt road with the ruts, you also would think twice about driving your beat up ford to a funeral where you are planning on being in the procession.

And there is something to be said about the beauty of reliability. I'll take a reliable tupperware gun over a beautiful 1911 with tight tolerances that doesn't function as well.

To each their own. Many complain about the grip angle. It fits me perfectly, and gives me a natural POA. I can point my glock and hit a dinner plate at 10 yards reliably. (notice I said POINT not AIM)

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I don't mind Glocks. I've had some brass to face issues and they don't fit my hand, but they're not horrible by any means.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've already got a go to carry gun so any other pistol is a fun gun, and if I'm getting a fun gun it's going to be one I find visually appealing.

Glocks are not visually appealing.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Bleh, seen the same attitude from 1911 owners, Sig owners, Colt owners, Wilson Combat owners, and on and on.

99.5% of the people ya run into at the range can't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle. For the other .5%, it doesn't matter what they pick up, they hit what they shoot at and will always 'outshoot' the other 99.5%. 'Maybe' it's not 'the gun'.

It's a handgun. It's a tool, and that's all it is. :blahblah:

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Lots of complaints about the grip angle. I have to agree, though in all honesty it didn't effect my marksmanship. My issues are not about the gun, as mentioned in the OP.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I confess that I don't hate Glocks. What I really hate is not the Glock gun, but the Glock attitude. Here's what I hate:

- Glocks are the most reliable gun in the world and if you don't have one, you don't have a gun.
    - Glocks are the most reliable gun in the world and whatever you have is a worthless piece of trash.
    - I am a pathetic, egomaniac gunshop commando with no life and Glocks are the best because I freaking said so. And BTW, they're the most reliable gun in the world.
    - Glocks are the most reliable gun in the world and whatever you have cannot possibly be reliable because it's not a Glock.
    - "We're number one! We're number one! Glock, Glock, Glock!" And did you know how reliable they are?
    - Glocks are more reliable than sunrise and gravity put together, and I have one and you don't.

I don't want a Glock because I don't want to be identified with (many of) those who do. It's the same reason I ride a Honda instead of a Harley. If I need 37 tattoos and a fu manchu and an attitude to fit in, I'd rather be an outcast. I just don't need the baggage.

In fairness, I'm sure that all Glock people don't have "the attitude," but I have run into WAY too many who do and it has totally turned me off to their guns. I'd rather carry a Raven than be identified with that crowd. Of course, your mileage may vary.

The gun themselves (and the bikes) are actually quite nice.

I must be missing something cause I've literally never heard any of these quotes you have listed. I have several Glocks along with several 1911's and other brands and styles...and I have two Hondas and a Suzuki in my garage. Where does that put me?

Regardless of how you slice it, Glocks ARE pretty damn reliable!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I must be missing something cause I've literally never heard any of these quotes you have listed. I have several Glocks along with several 1911's and other brands and styles...and I have two Hondas and a Suzuki in my garage. Where does that put me?

Regardless of how you slice it, Glocks ARE pretty damn reliable!
    Well I shoot revolvers. I don't personally hate glocks but I sure get tired of hearing how exceptionally wonderful they are when they're no different then any other half decent quality handgun. It's a tool and a preference.

By the way, I am familiar with different variations of the quotes from the OP, some even on here. You hear the same "built like a tank" talk out of ruger revolvers. Glocks are reliable and ruger revolvers are built like tanks.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I don't hate Glocks, but I don't want to be like EVERYBODY else.. So I went with a PPQ.. Trigger is 1000 times better and the gun's ergos are better in my hand. Glocks look like crap as well.

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    ...but I sure get tired of hearing how exceptionally wonderful they are when they're no different then any other half decent quality handgun.

BOOM. Nailed it.

Yeah, they're reliable. So are a **** ton of other modern handguns.
    Yeah, they have a lot of accessories. So do a **** ton of other modern handguns.

They're affordable and that's about the ONLY thing that sets them apart any more. Not to mention I've had two Glocks offered for my CZ 75 B in trade...I never listed any interest in a Glock. :laugh:

For me personally, it's ugly looks, grip angle, and being made of polymer. Also striker guns weird me out.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Well I shoot revolvers. I don't personally hate glocks but I sure get tired of hearing how exceptionally wonderful they are when they're no different then any other half decent quality handgun. It's a tool and a preference.

By the way, I am familiar with different variations of the quotes from the OP, some even on here. You hear the same "built like a tank" talk out of ruger revolvers. Glocks are reliable and ruger revolvers are built like tanks.
    to be fair thats a true statement for rugers, but ive seen those super reliable glocks fail and one that a guy at the local gun store git one that had serious issues, and when he called glock they just wouldn't believe him he ended up taking it to the nra show to speck to the reps there and they still wouldnt deal with him.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    It looks like my portable electric drill. Talking about drilling some one trying to rob you!

Glocks are less expensive for law enforcement agencies to buy and they work pretty well for the money spent. But I agree.....they are ugly and I want be getting one.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    BOOM. Nailed it.

Yeah, they're reliable. So are a **** ton of other modern handguns.
    Yeah, they have a lot of accessories. So do a **** ton of other modern handguns.

They're affordable and that's about the ONLY thing that sets them apart any more. Not to mention I've had two Glocks offered for my CZ 75 B in trade...I never listed any interest in a Glock. :laugh:

For me personally, it's ugly looks, grip angle, and being made of polymer. Also striker guns weird me out.

:dunno:.....takes diff'rnt mind-set ta carry 1.......ain't sumthin ya wanna constantly be coon-finger'n while it load'd, or tuck'd in yer pocket , waistband without a holster, neither......

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    For the most part what I'm hearing is [FONT=&amp]esthetic[/FONT] and trigger. As a wise man (and churchmouse when referring to his former high school sweetheart) said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Glock triggers, on the other hand, are relatively easy to make more than adequate, even for a guy that has sent more than his share of lead down range and a Glock non-believer like BehindBlueIs.
    I won't post the link to his thread about Glock triggers for fear of being accused of threadjacking but making somewhat of a believer out of him considering his real world experience was very enjoyable.
    It IS hard to argue with the real world success they have had since 1986. Some people just get a little carried away with their brand loyalty. I work on Glocks, M&Ps and 1911s and carry what ever suits my situation or mood on that particular day. They are all great tools but as another poster noted practice has a great deal to do with hitting your target consistently no matter what is in your hand.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't hate Glocks, but the Glock fan boys sure are tiring. They are a cheap reliable handgun, but that's about it. Like all other guns, they can fail and should have to earn their trust through a break in period. When I carry a 1911, I'm carrying a gun that makes me happy. When I carry a Glock, it's because I don't want to sweat up my 1911s or drag them on concrete while working on a car.

The biggest thing I hate about Glocks is the tendency of the fan boys to answer the honest question of 'I'm new to guns and am not sure what to buy' with one word: Glock. No thought, no query of the person asking the question about what they want it for, but instead just a blind attempt to push them into drinking the Coolaid.

Before I owned a Glock, I hated the triggers. When I'd dry fire one, it felt like a kids nerf gun or something similar. But, I've never noticed that when shooting one. Like Charlie said above, Glock triggers can be improved and once you shoot one, they are not bad at all. Not a 1911, but certainly usable.

Top Bottom