• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I don't hate them but I prefer the XDm. Why? Because the Gen 4 didn't quite go FAR ENOUGH with the small back-strap. I have short fingers and small hands. Getting a proper grip on a Glock is pretty impossible for me. The 4th gen small back-strap was a step in the right direction but they need to go even smaller. And really there is a TON of wasted material on the back of the Glock grip....there really is NO REASON not to have an ARRAY of sizes (I'm thinking 5 would be sufficient). I'm hoping the Gen 5 does just that. As it is the XDm with the smallest strap is a better fit for my wee hobbit-hands.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The only difference between a 1911 fan boy and a Glock fan boy is that the Glock fan boy has not shot a 1911 yet. Once he has, he will come away saddened at the thought of all he has missed by sticking to the Glock side of the force. It can be a very traumatic event and cause the poor misguided Glock fan boy to question other parts of his life. If he or she is not careful, they can find themselves tatooed and riding a Harley while trying to figure out how to keep a dew rag on their head.

Some guns are worthy of the addiction. But, being addicted to a Glock is like being addicted to instant coffee or canned spaghetti. All of the logic in the world does not change the fact that it's the canned spaghetti of the firearm world. Glocks are damn good guns but they need to be kept in perspective for what they are.

I shoot by Beretta 92, my GP-100 and my 645. I shoot at carry my Glock 19. For what a good 1911 costs, I can have two Glocks. If it's all about power, I dare say my Glock 20 beats most 1911's hands down. As far as grip goes, I actually like the grip.

There is nothing wrong with 1911's but their not for me.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Each gun has its pros and cons. I own both glock and 1911. I carry my glock because it's never had a problem. Don't carry my 1911 because it is a heavy gun and it has had several ftf in the past. That doesn't mean I don't like the 1911 (it's a damn fine gun). I carry my glock because it has been more reliable for me.

arctic427

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Indy
    No mind you this is coming from a died in the wool 1911 guy glock aren't a bad gun yes they are reliable but so is a 1911 when I grow up with steel plastic doesn't do it for ya me I own a couple but they just aren't comfortable for me they fell like I'm holding a square stick I can shoot it accurately enough but it's all about what u are comfortable with that's why guns are like shoes everybody's are different.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    :):......Yer D**K's out, dude.......:):

F1Glk30Gen3.jpg

img_1907.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

:rolleyes:

WOW. Eye of the beholder an all. I see common features. I am not saying they perform the same. But for Fugly factor Glocks and HiPoints are kin. Just look at the trigger guards, blockiness and heck, HiPoint beat them to molded grips. Plus the visual to non-Glock owners.....( the folks at Rousch)

Oh and thanks for pointing out my wardrobe malfunction. Thought I felt a breeze!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No mind you this is coming from a died in the wool 1911 guy glock aren't a bad gun yes they are reliable but so is a 1911 when I grow up with steel plastic doesn't do it for ya me I own a couple but they just aren't comfortable for me they fell like I'm holding a square stick I can shoot it accurately enough but it's all about what u are comfortable with that's why guns are like shoes everybody's are different.

Punctuate man.....punctuate.......:runaway:

This is not twitter.......:)

Falconpuch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 25, 2014
    NW Laf
    I hate the way Glocks look and the few people who I tell I carry a Beretta around they go Sorry that gun sucks.....

Love my Beretta , The looks,feel,everything!. Not even heavy to carry.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    WOW. Eye of the beholder an all. I see common features. I am not saying they perform the same. But for Fugly factor Glocks and HiPoints are kin. Just look at the trigger guards, blockiness and heck, HiPoint beat them to molded grips. Plus the visual to non-Glock owners.....( the folks at Rousch)

Oh and thanks for pointing out my wardrobe malfunction. Thought I felt a breeze!

:rolleyes:......GLOCK.......was the 1st in'a WORLD, dude.......rest of'em been try'n ta play catch-up ever since.........FACT......:whistle:

are they a 1911?......nahhh.....an' they never will be........

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I hate glocks because they are ugly, I can't ever seem to get one to malfunction, they take so much time and tools to disassemble, they are boring, they ain't flashy enough, there is nothing to get caught on clothing and they are just not simple enough.

That being said, I'll go back to carrying my g27 now... Don't go anywhere without it. Sure there are better looking firearms, but this one fits me and shoots exactly where I point it. If I want something better looking I'll just OC the gp100.

I don't understand all the hate around here... Can't we all just get along!?

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I am a die hard 1911 guy. I used to hate Glocks. But when they added the SF line and Gen4 Glocks gave me something to like. I have small hands and had a hard time getting a grip on a Glock. But the SF line and Gen4 guns fit my hands nicely. I currently own a Gen4 Model 17 that is a range and competition only gun. I did some simple mods to it and it makes a world of difference.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I own seven Glocks, but I have a lot more handguns that are not Glocks. I have never found a gun that I could not find something about that I liked. I love going to the range and seeing what everyone else shoots because that's what the "Gun lifestyle" is all about. Sharing your experiences, learning about and shooting other weapons systems is fun and should be encouraged. Gun shop commandos and mall ninjas have done more to turn off potential new shooters than we will ever hope to recover.
    I EDC a Glock everyday simply because I have more time behind the trigger of a Glock than any other type of handgun. I can beat the snot out of the thing and not hurt it's looks one bit.
    But I love my Sig, my 1911, my S&W 3rd Gen autos, and I cherish my S&W and Ruger revolvers. Buy what you want and carry what you want, just take the time to find out what works best for you and then run the snot out of it so you can use it well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Let's see...grip angle, finger grooves, ugly, take-down procedure, fan boys...

I honestly don't "hate" Glocks. I don't like the way they fit in my hands and that's more important than looks any day of the week. They are very reliable and can take a heck of a beating. If I needed to get a gun that I knew would be severely abused that I wouldn't have to shoot much, it would be a Glock 19. They just work. What I "hate" are fan boys who won't acknowledge anything that isn't a Glock and who have the attitudes described in the OP.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The problem I have is the grip angle. Now, I have Rugers MkI & MkIII, which have an even more radical angle, but when I fire those I expect it. Picking up a Glock, it's different, just not enough to register, so the grip angle puts me high on the target until I sight in. I don't want a delay like that. I'm sure I could get used to it with some time and practice, but under any kind of stress situation, it's going to be a factor, especially if I haven't trained, or if I have to switch back and forth.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Thanks to everyone for the post and the responses. I have always wondered why a couple of my neighbors were so happy about buying their glocks. As far as looks, there is nothing, in my opinion, that is great. I have never shot one but I have never heard that they are anything special. It always seemed that they were a mid-priced pistol with a famous name and so many police departments use them.

I personally own a kimber 1911, baby eagle 40, sig p226 elite stainless 40 along with a couple of revolvers. I accurate with my baby eagle and my Ruger 22mag revolver but not so with my others but I have not shot my Kimber or Sig yet. They are both about 1-2 months old and just have not had any time to go shoot.

I am an amateur gun collector. Mainly inexpensive rifles and pistols and have recently changed my mind set of getting higher quality verse quantity so I dont see buying a glock and after reading this post, I do not see a reason that I should consider it.

Thanks again!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They have no class......

I can live without class in a firearm at times. I just put a big scratch in the factory grips on my Ed Brown and if I had been carrying one of my Glocks then, I would have looked at that gouge and thought 'Cool, it looks better now'. With the EB, I just felt sad.

"Beware the man who only owns one gun"
    ... because, chances are he's not a gun guy, has never shot it and has no idea what will happen when he pulls the trigger.

I shoot by Beretta 92, my GP-100 and my 645. I shoot at carry my Glock 19. For what a good 1911 costs, I can have two Glocks. If it's all about power, I dare say my Glock 20 beats most 1911's hands down. As far as grip goes, I actually like the grip.

There is nothing wrong with 1911's but their not for me.

I'm not knocking Glocks in general, but more just poking fun at the fan boys. It's hard to beat the power in a Glock 20. My G20sf was my nightstand gun for a long time but has been replaced by a railed 1911 in .45 due to over penetration concerns. I'm with you on the grip. Lots of folks complain about the grip, but I really think it's pretty comfortable once a set of Talon rubber grip decals has been applied.

Top Bottom