• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Wow you are so right about the Toyota Sienna. Originally when I first started searching I kept seeing higher prices on them now it almost looks like I could get a lower mileage newer vehicle cheaper by going with the Sienna.

Thanks for bringing it up. of course, I almost had my mind made up. Now I have to start over.

The Sienna's are freaking indestructible, my Fiance's van (a hand me down from her mom) lasted 15 years and 380,000 miles before it was just too expensive to keep running.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Thanks everyone for the input. It took about six weeks but I found the perfect 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite. I traveled 110 miles to get it at the Toy Barn in Dublin, Ohio. It was an awesome buying experience.

I went with the Odyssey because I found the perfect Honda before I found the perfect Toyota. it was hard to find a van with a clean Carfax.

Since I have a lead foot I also thought the Odyssey might be a better choice since they get a little bit better gas mileage than the Siennas.

I like it so far. I've had it almost 3 weeks.

Although my tires look good, my Honda dealer told me I should get new ones by winter. Thankfully I think they're just basic tires and not the high-priced run-flat tires.

They currently have Michelins on it. Should I put Michelins back on it, or is there something better? What would give me the best ride and gas mileage?

Anyone out there ever put tires on your Odyssey? What did you go with? And why?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Thanks everyone for the input. It took about six weeks but I found the perfect 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite. I traveled 110 miles to get it at the Toy Barn in Dublin, Ohio. It was an awesome buying experience.

I went with the Odyssey because I found the perfect Honda before I found the perfect Toyota. it was hard to find a van with a clean Carfax.

Since I have a lead foot I also thought the Odyssey might be a better choice since they get a little bit better gas mileage than the Siennas.

I like it so far. I've had it almost 3 weeks.

Although my tires look good, my Honda dealer told me I should get new ones by winter. Thankfully I think they're just basic tires and not the high-priced run-flat tires.

They currently have Michelins on it. Should I put Michelins back on it, or is there something better? What would give me the best ride and gas mileage?

Anyone out there ever put tires on your Odyssey? What did you go with? And why?

We have an '05 Odyssey. Had Michelin tires on it and I just replaced them with Cooper GS Grand Touring. Reason being is they were cheaper and still had excellent reviews. Plus got $70 rebate too. They've been on the van for about 3 weeks now and just drove from southern indiana to north platte nebraska. No road noise and they ride smooth

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    You love your Honda Odyssey when you have had your Man Card taken away! Period! Peace. Out.

The Odyssey is like a giant Cadillac but more dependable. I can haul stuff in it and camp in it. It maneuvers like a nice sedan.

It's not just a minivan. It's a multi-purpose vehicle. Trust me, you could drive an Odyssey and keep your man card.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The Odyssey is like a giant Cadillac but more dependable. I can haul stuff in it and camp in it. It maneuvers like a nice sedan.

It's not just a minivan. It's a multi-purpose vehicle. Trust me, you could drive an Odyssey and keep your man card.

1pnwmr.jpg

We have a 2017. Got it new. It's my wife's daily driver.
    Nothing to get too excited about... it's a minivan...
    -rvb

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The pilot project turned into an odyssey that was a prelude to a civic accord.

Honda names...comedy. Of course I drive an Expedition so there's that.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The pilot project turned into an odyssey that was a prelude to a civic accord.

Honda names...comedy. Of course I drive an Expedition so there's that.

That's quite some insight you have, there. Did you have to get a passport for your expedition? I'm not sure I'm fit to comment, so I'll just be over there, across that ridgeline.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    :laugh:

You're being quite the spitfire. This could take on continental proportions though so we should probably move the demon to another thread though I'm probably done with this excursion.

justacog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2018
    Brownstown
    Saw a comedian one time that had an insightful joke that Japanese car company names sound like a car actually functioning:
    Tooo-Yooo-Taaahh
    Hoooonn-Daahhhhh
    Meeet-Suuu-Biii-Shiiiii
    Soooo-Zuuu-Kiii
    Yaahhh-Maahhhh-Haaaa

While American car companies have names like the sound the car makes right before it dies:
    Ford!
    Chevy!
    Pontiyaahkkkk!
    Christ!lurrr!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Not really impressed with ours. 2014 EX-L Heater core needed replaced drivers side no heat, nothing but Honda service at the dealer.

That transmission clunk when speeding up after not coming to a complete stop into second gear drives me crazy. Cant be good for the transmission.

The upside? Very comfortable, its a flying couch and holds a ton for long distance family vacations.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Tires: Goodyear ComforTred Touring are excellent tires.

I believe we have Michelin Premier LTX on our Kia Sedona right now.

Look through the tire ratings on TireRack.com for all the information, and more, than you could ever want. I personally pay attention to mileage rating, wet traction, and snow traction ratings. In that order.

Top Bottom