• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    +1 -- this guy lays it out, plain and simple.

Can we get him an INGO account? :D

p.s. Check out his other videos. Pretty good!

Last edited:

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Haven't even watched this one yet, but I know its a good one. MrColionNoir is always straight up and unforgiving.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have had this discussion with my wife as well.

I sent MrColionNoir a tweet asking him to join. He's a pretty awesome guy, and responds to people :)

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    Overall, I like the logic this guy uses to get the message across. I believe that he, gunowners, many others including the anti-gun crowd, and myself have mistakenly called the semi-automatic AR style rifles we own "assault rifles". Technically, to be an assault rifle, it must be capable of select fire which few of us have. The US Army has defined it here:

Definition of Assault Rifle

As gunowners, we need to stop referring to these as "assault rifles" because they are not. If we started using more technically correct terms for the firearms we own, we can then state that we don't have "assault rifles" simply because they are not select fire.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Another well put together video by Mrcolionnoir. I just wished he didn't keep referring to them as assault rifles.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Another well put together video by Mrcolionnoir. I just wished he didn't keep referring to them as assault rifles.

Whether the term is completely accurate or not, the only difference between the M16/M4 and an AR-15 is the burst/auto fire capability. They are, for all intents and purposes, the same rifle. In fact, aimed, purposeful semi-auto fire can be more deadly, depending on the skill of the user.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    My goal is to, once a week, take one of these uneducated, we don't keep score and everybody gets a trophy, douchebags to the nearest LGS and have them hold a scary black military machine gun assault weapon while educating them about the thing they want to ban without even understanding it. Then I will remind them that without that beautiful effeciant tool they are holding, they most likely would not have the right secured to stand before me and try to take it away.

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    My goal is to, once a week, take one of these uneducated, we don't keep score and everybody gets a trophy, douchebags to the nearest LGS and have them hold a scary black military machine gun assault weapon while educating them about the thing they want to ban without even understanding it. Then I will remind them that without that beautiful effeciant tool they are holding, they most likely would not have the right secured to stand before me and try to take it away.
    better yet, take them out shooting with the black rifle:D

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Whether the term is completely accurate or not, the only difference between the M16/M4 and an AR-15 is the burst/auto fire capability. They are, for all intents and purposes, the same rifle. In fact, aimed, purposeful semi-auto fire can be more deadly, depending on the skill of the user.

M16/M4 isn't an assault rifle either. Not sure what point you're trying to make. Just because something can be used to harm people does not make it proper to place the word assault in front if it.

Let me hand over my assault forks so they don't grow legs and attack people.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I believe that he, gunowners, many others including the anti-gun crowd, and myself have mistakenly called the semi-automatic AR style rifles we own "assault rifles".

As gunowners, we need to stop referring to these as "assault rifles" because they are not. If we started using more technically correct terms for the firearms we own, we can then state that we don't have "assault rifles" simply because they are not select fire.

Yeah, that's worked so well with "magazine" and "LTCH"!:n00b:
    I have NEVER used the term! And I don't recall any conversation with an INGO member, until now, using it!

Top Bottom