Why does buying a new car have to suck so bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I am lucky that 3 good friends are in the car sales/dealer ship market. When I want something I make a few calls. It has never failed me.

It's been a while since you bought a car hasn't it? Walter Chrysler, Henry Ford, and William Durant are all dead.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We actually has a pretty good experience with our last purchase. Although it started a bit rocky. We initially bought a used 2014 Patriot with like 20K on it. It was having little issues that were very annoying for a vehicle with that low of mileage. After our last situation with the TPM lights coming on I emailed the president of the company. With a detailed list of all the issues we had. He called me up and after talking he says, it sounds like you want to get ride of that vehicle. He says come on in and let's talk. We go in, and end up walking out with a brand new 2016 Patriot with 45 miles on it. Same payment and terms, love the vehicle.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Leasing isn't a good idea.

Leasing is a great idea if you are buying a new Chrysler product, because it will be under warranty the entire duration of your obligation. That is of great importance with Chryslers, especially a new model without any track record, like the Pacifica. Chrysler is the worst quality in the industry, and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they are out of business in the next 5 years. Their current CEO has been shopping the company around, recently trying to sell it to GM, who wanted nothing to do with it. At least if you lease one, it's their problem when it starts falling apart shortly after the warranty period.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Leasing is a great idea if you are buying a new Chrysler product, because it will be under warranty the entire duration of your obligation. That is of great importance with Chryslers, especially a new model without any track record, like the Pacifica. Chrysler is the worst quality in the industry, and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they are out of business in the next 5 years. Their current CEO has been shopping the company around, recently trying to sell it to GM, who wanted nothing to do with it. At least if you lease one, it's their problem when it starts falling apart shortly after the warranty period.

I don't want another Chrysler product.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Last Chrysler was a new Concord. Comfortable, handled well, but totally unreliable. First trans went out after about 3 months. After the third trans went, and numerable other problems, got rid of it before it went out of warranty. The Chrysler service manager was OK, but I really got tired of seeing him and the inconvenience of having the car tied up in the shop.

Funny, my two brothers in law wouldn't consider anything but Chrysler. They act amazed that I've had so many problems with mine. Also had a new Voyager that blew the trans under warranty.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The real reason it's so terrible is that dealerships have a financial incentive to make it so.

They are professional negotiators. Their goal is to get as much of your money as possible. They understand that people get tired/bored/frustrated and are more willing to part with money to speed up the process. People quit asking questions. People agree to pay for the extra option because it's already here and we don't have to wait for them to bring it from the other lot across town.

The dealership understands that most people are willing to spend a little more money to save some time and effort now. Especially when spending more money means adding on another 3 - 6 months of payments on the end of a multi-year loan.

Top Bottom