Why Does Illinois (Chicago) Blame Indiana For THEIR Gun Violence?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kennydale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2016
    Richmond/Rosenberg
    I am sure there are no GUN SHOW LOOPHOLES. I am sure that the amount of violence that occurs in CHIRAQ involving guns, isn't the results of individual sales from Indiana !
    My opinion is that Chicago Liberals could clear their streets of gang-bangers in less than a week, using existing Federal gun laws........But, they refuse to. instead they look to make more restrictive laws on law abiding gun owners.

But that's one man's opinion !

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The gangs are part of the party machine up there. Literally. That's why the rulers have to twist themselves up in such knots saying things that make no sense whatsoever in the real world.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This. You would be surprised at the number of violent offenders whose charges are 'stricken with leave to reinstate'.

The insanity isn't limited to the usual suspects, either. A couple of months ago here in Columbus, OH a waste of protoplasm who was out on bail for TWO crimes with firearm specifications - one in which he actually shot and wounded someone! - was arrested for a murder. My first thought was why was someone with this pending case file not rotting in jail while the wheels of 'justice' turned

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    When was the last time you heard a liberal-leftist politician (or their cronies in the mass-propaganda outlets) take the blame for their own failed policies?
    When was the last time any liberal leftist took the blame for their own actions?

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Personally I think the "gun show loophole" is just an excuse to extend background checks. I think most of the guns are stolen and a small portion are procured through "straw purchases" from IN and WI.

I work in Chicago, and due to the nature of my job I happen to know for a FACT that there are A LOT (50+ people per day in my business alone) of friends/relatives/partners that live in Hammond or Gary and travel back and fourth to associate/visit with people in Chicago and vice versa. These are not what anyone would consider "productive members of society" I am talking about here.
    So straw purchases and trafficking being part of the problem is not that far-fetched. However aside from the obvious crime of performing a "straw purchase/sale" I wouldn't assume that the people they are getting the guns from are really law abiding citizens just selling a gun, they are criminals that know exactly what they are doing, who they are selling to, and what the person intends to do with the gun.

I watched a news segment on TV while I was at work that had Obama talking about the "IN gun show loophole" where he basically made it sound like these gangbangers/felons/criminals from Chicago can simply load up in a van, drive to an IN gun show, buy hundreds of guns/ammo (cheap and legally), without ever having to submit to a background check or even so much as an inquiry as to if they are lawfully allowed to own/buy a gun.
    It was ridiculous! :xmad:
    I've also heard him imply that ANYONE, including criminals, can go into nearly ANY GUN STORE and buy ClassIII "fully automatic military weapons" with "high capacity magazines" as easily as they buy alcohol or cigarettes. :ar15:
    I want to know where these places are, because I want one. LOL

The shootings are out of control, Chicago has had more shootings than L.A. and New York COMBINED so far in 2016.:wow:
    The police are scared to really crack down on the people/violence because they know they'll end up on the news as another brutality story and get fired.
    The police get blamed for the attacks against them because people feel threatened by the heightened police presence in high-crime areas, they don't want the police there. Gee I wonder why? If I were a criminal I wouldn't want the police in my neighborhood either.
    I'm sorry but my heart doesn't bleed for these people. You wanna act like a bunch of wild animals then you should be treated like a bunch of wild animals. Chicago police never know when these criminals have guns, despite the already strict gun control laws, or what their intentions are. It's madness.:shoot: :runaway:

Change starts with the people, if more people started condemning this type of mentality and behavior within their respective social groups and neighborhoods there would be less crime and violence. Instead they have a laundry list of excuses/reasons for why these people behave the way they do and it's all based on circumstances beyond their control and not personal decisions or choices. In my opinion the reason they don't pull themselves up out of this lifestyle is because it's just easier to play a victim and demand that someone else do something about it. Nobody can help you if you don't try to help yourself first. Of course these people don't like to hear this and immediately accuse you of being any of the following: a racist, bigot, privileged, insensitive, or ignorant.
    :lala:

The people in Chicago are brainwashed HARDCORE by the media CONSTANTLY blaming guns for the violent crime. They RARELY report whether or not a shooting was gang related, and I have it on good authority that at LEAST 80% of shootings are because of "gang-banger mentality/behavior" or in fact directly gang related. People in Chicago are just lead to believe that if there were no guns then there would be less violent crime and murder.
    Simple solutions for simple minds. :noway:
    They often cite the state of IL's strict gun control laws saying that IL is doing everything it can and blame other states because they haven't passed similar laws, which allows violence and gun crime to continue to flourish in Chicago.
    :rules:

So remember people, it's Indiana's fault that the violence and gun crimes are so high in Chicago. You are part of the problem...
    :rolleyes:

Sorry for wall of text, this is just my :twocents:
    :ranton:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I watched a news segment on TV while I was at work that had Obama talking about the "IN gun show loophole" where he basically made it sound like these gangbangers/felons/criminals from Chicago can simply load up in a van, drive to an IN gun show, buy hundreds of guns/ammo (cheap and legally), without ever having to submit to a background check or even so much as an inquiry as to if they are lawfully allowed to own/buy a gun.

Well, Chicago gangbangers do buy guns in Indiana gun stores and Indiana gun shows. Not legally, but they do.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Personally I think the "gun show loophole" is just an excuse to extend background checks. I think most of the guns are stolen and a small portion are procured through "straw purchases" from IN and WI.

I work in Chicago, and due to the nature of my job I happen to know for a FACT that there are A LOT (50+ people per day in my business alone) of friends/relatives/partners that live in Hammond or Gary and travel back and fourth to associate/visit with people in Chicago and vice versa. These are not what anyone would consider "productive members of society" I am talking about here.
    So straw purchases and trafficking being part of the problem is not that far-fetched. However aside from the obvious crime of performing a "straw purchase/sale" I wouldn't assume that the people they are getting the guns from are really law abiding citizens just selling a gun, they are criminals that know exactly what they are doing, who they are selling to, and what the person intends to do with the gun.

I've also heard him imply that ANYONE, including criminals, can go into nearly ANY GUN STORE and buy ClassIII "fully automatic military weapons" with "high capacity magazines" as easily as they buy alcohol or cigarettes. :ar15:
    I want to know where these places are, because I want one. LOL

The shootings are out of control, Chicago has had more shootings than L.A. and New York COMBINED so far in 2016.:wow:
    The police are scared to really crack down on the people/violence because they know they'll end up on the news as another brutality story and get fired.
    The police get blamed for the attacks against them because people feel threatened by the heightened police presence in high-crime areas, they don't want the police there. Gee I wonder why? If I were a criminal I wouldn't want the police in my neighborhood either.
    I'm sorry but my heart doesn't bleed for these people. You wanna act like a bunch of wild animals then you should be treated like a bunch of wild animals. Chicago police never know when these criminals have guns, despite the already strict gun control laws, or what their intentions are. It's madness.:shoot: :runaway:

Change starts with the people, if more people started condemning this type of mentality and behavior within their respective social groups and neighborhoods there would be less crime and violence. Instead they have a laundry list of excuses/reasons for why these people behave the way they do and it's all based on circumstances beyond their control and not personal decisions or choices. In my opinion the reason they don't pull themselves up out of this lifestyle is because it's just easier to play a victim and demand that someone else do something about it. Nobody can help you if you don't try to help yourself first. Of course these people don't like to hear this and immediately accuse you of being any of the following: a racist, bigot, privileged, insensitive, or ignorant.
    :lala:

The people in Chicago are brainwashed HARDCORE by the media CONSTANTLY blaming guns for the violent crime. They RARELY report whether or not a shooting was gang related, and I have it on good authority that at LEAST 80% of shootings are because of "gang-banger mentality/behavior" or in fact directly gang related. People in Chicago are just lead to believe that if there were no guns then there would be less violent crime and murder.
    Simple solutions for simple minds. :noway:
    They often cite the state of IL's strict gun control laws saying that IL is doing everything it can and blame other states because they haven't passed similar laws, which allows violence and gun crime to continue to flourish in Chicago.
    :rules:

So remember people, it's Indiana's fault that the violence and gun crimes are so high in Chicago. You are part of the problem...
    :rolleyes:

Sorry for wall of text, this is just my :twocents:
    :ranton:

Well said.

Wall off the worst areas. Go in and clean up the mess when the shooting stops.

Maybe when people realize it's THEIR problem to solve, they'll begin doing it.

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    I am sure there are no GUN SHOW LOOPHOLES. I am sure that the amount of violence that occurs in CHIRAQ involving guns, isn't the results of individual sales from Indiana !
    My opinion is that Chicago Liberals could clear their streets of gang-bangers in less than a week, using existing Federal gun laws........But, they refuse to. instead they look to make more restrictive laws on law abiding gun owners.

But that's one man's opinion !

Well, because Obama told them to.

Actually, the truth is simpler. We have the "loose gun show loophole laws", but we DON'T have the violence. The truth is that there is something about Illinois/Chicago that produces or attracts people who shoot other people, including children.

They don't want to admit that the violence there is because of something wrong with their people or society. So they blame Indiana laws.

But...like I said...if our laws are what is behind gun violence, why don't we have their gun violence problem?

Facts are stubborn things...

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Well, because Obama told them to.

Actually, the truth is simpler. We have the "loose gun show loophole laws", but we DON'T have the violence. The truth is that there is something about Illinois/Chicago that produces or attracts people who shoot other people, including children.

They don't want to admit that the violence there is because of something wrong with their people or society. So they blame Indiana laws.

But...like I said...if our laws are what is behind gun violence, why don't we have their gun violence problem?

Facts are stubborn things...
    :+1:

Top Bottom