Why does it hurt to use the CZp10c trigger?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rented a CZ P10c yesterday and put 100 rounds through it. Great shooting gun, great trigger, but it simply beat the snot out of my trigger finger. I'm talking I wouldn't have shot it any more if you gave me free ammo. Granted I shot the CZ P10 after putting 100 rounds through a P320 Compact, but I put 300 more through the same P320/C today, and although my trigger finger experienced some discomfort, it was by no means enough to make me want to stop shooting.

Is it the Glock like safety lever? I'm guessing because I've only shot Glocks less than 20 rounds total. Or could I be doing something wrong? My Shield has a hinged trigger and I've shot it several times more than 200 consecutive rounds during a single range session and my trigger finger was no worse for wear. As a matter of fact no other HG I've ever shot caused my trigger finger this level of discomfort.

Sure am glad I had an opportunity to shoot a CZ P10 prior to buying as I was seriously considering buying one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think that it comes from the thickness of the safety dingus on the trigger. I have a P10C and love the thing, but as soon as CajunGunWorks releases their new trigger for it, I'm buying one for mine. Everything else about the gun is great but that dang trigger is a PITF (pain in the finger).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep. I bought a used P10c from the classifieds here for a fantastic deal and promptly sold it a week or two later because of this issue. Great gun in pretty much every other respect, but that trigger sucks. I'm looking forward to trying 88's out when CGW drops their new trigger to see if it improves the situation.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Dang. Been really thinking about getting one here lately.

Keep in mind everyone has different reactions to the trigger. Plenty of people have the gun and love it, or are like 88 and love it in spite of the trigger. If you have some place nearby to rent one, I would suggest trying it to get an on hands experience with it. Important for any gun purchase, but especially so for this gun IMO.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The mouse shot my 4" S&W 500 magnum one-handed ..... three times !
    I've never had anyone else do that .... and that should tell you something.
    The CM roars ! :rockwoot:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I shot one at a top secret gathering last year, don't remember the trigger bothering me. Was only a mag or two though.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Had a glock that bit my trigger finger. A few passes on the edges of the trigger safety tab with 600 grit sand paper just to knock the sharp edges off cured the problem.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Sig P320s had that trigger slap in some of the versions of it. They corrected it, hopefully it won't be back after the "voluntary upgrade".

Top Bottom