• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Checking the temperature. You can get a good estimate of speed based on tail light temperature due to simple physics. Legal speeds produce a pleasant warmth. Illegal speeds produce uncomfortable warmth. Extremely illegal speeds cause a cooling effect due to the vortex behind the vehicle, much like blowing on a spoon of hot soup.

Do you even science, bro?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Checking the temperature. You can get a good estimate of speed based on tail light temperature due to simple physics. Legal speeds produce a pleasant warmth. Illegal speeds produce uncomfortable warmth. Extremely illegal speeds cause a cooling effect due to the vortex behind the vehicle, much like blowing on a spoon of hot soup.

Beakman, Bill Nye, and Science Max never covered this for some reason.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana

Please tell me this is meant to be purple. Making this statement as something factual would have us believe law enforcement officers have calibrated digits. Kinda of like saying “I know you were speeding. I didn’t have you on radar but could tell visually you were exceeding the speed limit.”

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Please tell me this is meant to be purple. Making this statement as something factual would have us believe law enforcement officers have calibrated digits. Kinda of like saying “I know you were speeding. I didn’t have you on radar but could tell visually you were exceeding the speed limit.”

"I didn't have you on radar, but the vacuum behind your car sucked my hat out the window."

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ok. So in this thread I’ve learned so far if I’m gonna speed drive backwards to keep tail lights cool, make sure my address is up to date on my license, cops touch my car to leave their fingerprint, and don’t let houghmade near my car.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ok. So in this thread I’ve learned so far if I’m gonna speed drive backwards to keep tail lights cool, make sure my address is up to date on my license, cops touch my car to leave their fingerprint, and don’t let houghmade near my car.

And carry wipes to wipe off offending smudges.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like after the officer passes the trunk, you should go ahead and pop it open from the inside of your vehicle. Could lead to some hijinks.

Top Bottom