• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't need this item quickly and I'm not anxious for its arrival but this stuff drives me nuts. I just don't understand how USPS, Fedex and UPS can operate when this is a normal course of business. All three of them regularly do this stupid crap and I just don't understand it. A part of it is the same thing that burns me up about the medical industry, you pay for something which you may or may not receive and there is nothing you can do about it, no apologies when the items are delivered after the specified delivery date, the date you paid to have your item delivered, you know the contracted -agreed upon date of delivery. Just another example where if I step out of line or miss perfection by 2% the ****ing world comes unglued but I am expected to be satisfied with the half assed services provided everywhere.

mg8iv6lh.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I feel you. It's almost a universal thing now with all shippers. Just be happy it has not gone to Bedford Park, IL yet. Quickly becoming known as the black hole of the midwest, in the USPS system. Us NWI folks commonly see items bounce back and forth through Bedford Park for weeks.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    The best is when you’re home all day and the status is “out for delivery” and they never show, you see them drive by and don’t stop. And then the status update is “unable to deliver”. Then I call them and ask why the truck didn’t stop and they said nobody was home. Fed ex seems to be the worst.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It was explained to me by my local Post Master that depending on the time between scans, the system they have will put in scan information over a missed scan or its been to long of time between scans. And we the customer see it, and goes where tf is that package going?
    And in reality its sitting in a trailer in a postal hub parking lot waiting its turn to get unloaded.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    USPS tracking is the worst, my regular letter carrier is stellar, always great. I can tell when she is gone, neighbors get my mail, I get theirs, etc.

Fedex is abysmail, again my regular Fedex guy is great, I think he is a black powder guy so that is a +. The rest of the company is awful, I think they get a lot of items "lost" in the Indianapolis hub.

UPS has been the best overall in my experience, tracking and delivery seems more reliable.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    Just another example where if I step out of line or miss perfection by 2% the ****ing world comes unglued but I am expected to be satisfied with the half assed services provided everywhere.
    Lmao. I handle insurance claims and you would swear our client feels this is national security type work. Everything is rush, urgent, asap and it better be handled perfectly!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    This is strange.

I've been in business since 2011 and have only had issues a relative handful of times. I use USPS First Class/Ground Advantage and Priority.

I've had issues with FedEx and, to a lesser extent, UPS. They always take longer for more $$$, and FedEx has left sensitive electronics in the snow before. I won't use the latter for anything these days

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Lmao. I handle insurance claims and you would swear our client feels this is national security type work. Everything is rush, urgent, asap and it better be handled perfectly!
    There's a pretty big divide between expecting perfection and not having my **** unnecessarily transported hundreds of miles for days on end for no reason while simultaneously failing to deliver on the obligations they accept payment to render.

Just pointing out another interesting sign of the times.

Let's say I owe USPS, Fedex or UPS $10,000 for shipping they've already provided. You suppose they would patiently wait a few extra weeks for me to screw up my last check before realizing that was my last one, call the bank and order more, wait a month (because checks are printed on Mars apparently) for them to come in, get halfway through another check and discover my pen is out of ink, then order new pens off of Amazon and wait two extra days for delivery as per usual then write the check and drop it in the mail with insufficient postage only to get it back again and find out that was my last envelope then order more envelopes from Amazon and wait an extra two days again for delivery then mail the check again? Would they be understanding about it?

That is perfect example of what consumers are suppose to put up with these days.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And don't even get me started on how, if you don't pay the extra for faster shipping - let's say 2 day shipping - then your package arrives nearby in two days anyway but seems to be deliberately left to sit for a couple of days until it hits the window for the 4 to 5 day free shipping you opted for

Grrrr

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    It stems from a culture of having management teams that know nothing about the product they manage and don’t care. They have been told through out their career that they only need to know how to manage people. The product is inconsequential. Sadly they believe it.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I had a incident yesterday with fedex. On average three times in five they try to deliver to the house across the street. Yesterday was no different. I saw the truck pull into the circle walked up to the front door watched as the guy pulled into the house across the street. He walked out of the truck with two boxes I opened the door and I said hey is that for XXX?

He looked at the label on the top box and said yeah... To which I pointed to the pole on the porch with the 6-in tall black three house numbers and I said why are you trying to deliver it to them?

I said you guys do this three times out of five. How hard is it to look up and see the numbers on the big white pole? The FedEx Ground delivery driver just shrugged his shoulders and he said whatever.

Even though they are contracted drivers being ground, I went ahead and called the Hub in Jeffersonville and talked to a supervisor who was very apologetic and promised to contact the office in Indianapolis that handles contractors to let them know what's going on. I don't know how much good it will do but clearly the driver yesterday didn't give a ****.

The next demon I wrestle with is the USPS ground Advantage service which is actually more of a disadvantage. Early last week I had a package that left Cincinnati came back, left again came back, left again came back. Sat for 2 days finally left again and I got it yesterday.

So OP.. I feel your pain

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I ordered a gun once upon a time and it was overnighted by fedex.

They managed to make it take 3 days getting juggled through distribution centers, then delivered it to a non-FFL address and it was never found again.

I don't know how these companies continue to operate without people going to prison.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Expect USPS to get even worse, in our area.......they will have a new trucking company delivering mail starting Saturday. Sodrel has been doing that for as long as I can remember.......but they lost the contract.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    That is the crux of the issue. No one gives a **** about anything they're supposed to be doing but everyone sure has a massive ****ing problem if I don't do what I'm supposed to be doing.
    Exactly. I don't have this issue at all with UPS nor with my regular postal carrier. To give you an example of why UPS is vastly superior over FedEx, on Monday I had a package of powder out for delivery with UPS. I was gone Monday but my driver knows to leave packages even if they require signature. When he got here he couldn't find the package anywhere on the truck. He said his truck was packed with packages and the guys when they loaded the truck had put the package which wasn't that big really behind a couple of really heavy big packages and he couldn't see it at the time.

So later in the day about 5:00 p.m. I get a phone call from him apologizing for not delivering the package that he only found it after he was closer to the hub delivering the two large packages. He offered to bring the powder by on his way home even though he lives on the other side of the ridge in Greenville. He said he could come the back way and drop it off. I told him no no big deal it can be delivered tomorrow. I told him I really appreciate him calling and apologizing and offering to drop it off on his way home.

He said are you sure? I said yep. I said however if you worked for FedEx I would tell you to bring it by LOL he laughed and said well I appreciate that and I'll see you tomorrow.

Now if there is a package coming post office and it doesn't arrive by the time the postal carrier gets out on his route, and if he sees it when he gets back to the post office at the end of his route, he will come by and drop it off on his way home.

FedEx on the other hand could care less. Unless it's Express. Those guys are actual FedEx employees not contractors and they actually seem to give a ****.

Top Bottom