• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I ordered a gun once upon a time and it was overnighted by fedex.

They managed to make it take 3 days getting juggled through distribution centers, then delivered it to a non-FFL address and it was never found again.

I don't know how these companies continue to operate without people going to prison.
    I'm nervous anytime anything firearm related goes to the FedEx Hub in Memphis because it is widely known that anything gun related that gets down there has a pretty good chance of being pilfered

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Being in NW Ind, an order sent to Indy, then my town, gets here in a couple days. I ordered something from Elk Grove , Il, and it went to Mississippi before it got to Indy. After Indy, 2 days , it got here. Took 10 days to go to Mississippi though.
    Found a place in Ft Wayne that had my item, took a 2 hour ride, lunch, and home by 4:00pm.
    That USPS really sucxx.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Found a deal on black powder at a place in Colorado, enough off to make shipping/hazmat ok. Has to be adult signature on delivery so I have to plan on being home. Ordered it, paid the extra shipping, company shipped the next morning. Fedex showed it enroute, estimated delivery on the next Tuesday.

Then the journey begins, get notified it will be early so now Monday, good deal and I stay home Monday. Then it shows delayed in Illinois so will be Tuesday....ok....stayed home Tuesday. Updated to show delayed in Illinois.....no delivery date.

Wednesday shows it in Louisville, delivery by Thursday. Thursday shows delayed in Louisville.........delivery on Friday. No show. Out for delivery on next Monday by 12:50 PM, love them being so precise when they can't even get it here within a week of when promised.

Stayed home Monday and it showed up at 3:45. Oh well, at least it got here after I screwed up a week of my time.

Don

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Found a deal on black powder at a place in Colorado, enough off to make shipping/hazmat ok. Has to be adult signature on delivery so I have to plan on being home. Ordered it, paid the extra shipping, company shipped the next morning. Fedex showed it enroute, estimated delivery on the next Tuesday.

Then the journey begins, get notified it will be early so now Monday, good deal and I stay home Monday. Then it shows delayed in Illinois so will be Tuesday....ok....stayed home Tuesday. Updated to show delayed in Illinois.....no delivery date.

Wednesday shows it in Louisville, delivery by Thursday. Thursday shows delayed in Louisville.........delivery on Friday. No show. Out for delivery on next Monday by 12:50 PM, love them being so precise when they can't even get it here within a week of when promised.

Stayed home Monday and it showed up at 3:45. Oh well, at least it got here after I screwed up a week of my time.

Don

That is why when I buy anything that is primers powder or musket caps if I can upcharge it to be delivered UPS I will pay the extra.

Graf and Sons choice of shipping if you don't upcharge and select your own is always FedEx. That's why if I order from them I will use ups. Another thing that I hate about them is they require a signature. I never have to sign for anything from Powder Valley and I never have to sign for anything from Powder Inc. Thankfully both of my UPS drivers know that they have my permission to sign for it and leave it if I'm not home.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is why when I buy anything that is primers powder or musket caps if I can upcharge it to be delivered UPS I will pay the extra.

Graf and Sons choice of shipping if you don't upcharge and select your own is always FedEx. That's why if I order from them I will use ups. Another thing that I hate about them is they require a signature. I never have to sign for anything from Powder Valley and I never have to sign for anything from Powder Inc. Thankfully both of my UPS drivers know that they have my permission to sign for it and leave it if I'm not home.
    I absolutely hate "signature required". If they're going to require my signature, then they better be able to tell me, within a 15 minute window, when they're going to be there. I don't like having to be held prisoner waiting God knows how long until they decide to show up.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I absolutely hate "signature required". If they're going to require my signature, then they better be able to tell me, within a 15 minute window, when they're going to be there. I don't like having to be held prisoner waiting God knows how long until they decide to show up.
    Yup... they are the only ones that will not let you decline the signature required requirement. I've gone round and round and round with them about it. When I tell them that Powder Valley doesn't require it that I don't have to worry about it from Brownells or Mid-South or muzzleloaders.com they tell me that it's a requirement of the shipper and I said not if it's ups. I get stuff from UPS all the time from those other places and they either don't require it or allow you to decline it. I live out in the country nobody's going to come and steal my stuff off my front porch because they can't even see it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yup... they are the only ones that will not let you decline the signature required requirement. I've gone round and round and round with them about it. When I tell them that Powder Valley doesn't require it that I don't have to worry about it from Brownells or Mid-South or muzzleloaders.com they tell me that it's a requirement of the shipper and I said not if it's ups. I get stuff from UPS all the time from those other places and they either don't require it or allow you to decline it. I live out in the country nobody's going to come and steal my stuff off my front porch because they can't even see it
    It should absolutely be the recipient's choice. If it requires agreeing to a waiver of some sort, that would even be fine with me.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Being in NW Ind, an order sent to Indy, then my town, gets here in a couple days. I ordered something from Elk Grove , Il, and it went to Mississippi before it got to Indy. After Indy, 2 days , it got here. Took 10 days to go to Mississippi though.
    Found a place in Ft Wayne that had my item, took a 2 hour ride, lunch, and home by 4:00pm.
    That USPS really sucxx.
    Was it shipped ground advantage? Because that quite possibly is the worst shipping option that the post office has ever had. My black hole is Cincinnati. A lot of my ground advantage parcels go there. In the last 10 ground pdvantage parcels that have gone to Cincinnati, half of them have left returned left returned left returned to Cincinnati before finally leaving to go to Louisville.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Last summer, FedEx guy A) backed in to 2 race cars in our 3 acre parking lot, the B) hit the fire plug C) got the truck stuck in the ditch by the road.....all in one day, then after hours of BS we got our package off the truck, smashed beyond repair...(the center section of a quick change rear end)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Last summer, FedEx guy A) backed in to 2 race cars in our 3 acre parking lot, the B) hit the fire plug C) got the truck stuck in the ditch by the road.....all in one day, then after hours of BS we got our package off the truck, smashed beyond repair...(the center section of a quick change rear end)
    Where at in that 3 acre parking lot did you bury him?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    And don't even get me started on how, if you don't pay the extra for faster shipping - let's say 2 day shipping - then your package arrives nearby in two days anyway but seems to be deliberately left to sit for a couple of days until it hits the window for the 4 to 5 day free shipping you opted for

Grrrr
    While your package is sitting they can process package with higher priority. Distribution systems have a finite capacity. I always use lowest shipping, sometimes it works out that I get it sooner, just depends on load on the system.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom